J&J Family of Companies Construction Project Director in Cork, Ireland
Director- Construction Management, Janssen Biologics, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is now operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and innovative cancer treatments. Janssen Biologics established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100 acre site with an investment of €500 million.
The Director, Construction Management is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of capital project construction (ensuring consistency with Project Engineering Design, and project commitments and goals. This includes defining, identifying and securing appropriate internal and external resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the construction of the facility according to plan.
The role initially will be dedicated to a very large-scale biotech brown field investment.
As the Director for Construction Management, your typical day may include:
• Obtaining agreement on project definitions, construction scope, and priorities, and ensures that resources, capabilities and processes are in place.
• Presenting construction progress to senior management and stakeholders. Assembling and coordinates construction team and manages resource allocation.
• Providing direction and support to construction team.
• Leading the planning and implementation of construction plan and ensures that it stay on schedule by resolving resource conflicts and removing obstacles, which may involve negotiating at a senior level.
• Defining Constructability of the Engineering Design and its related tasks and resource requirements.
• Tracking construction deliverables using appropriate tools. Monitors and report on progress of the construction to all stakeholders. Provides status reports defining construction progress, problems and solutions. Implements and manages construction changes and interventions to achieve project outputs. Manages construction budget and conducts construction and plans are in place for all its features and technology implementations. Ensures metrics for construction performance are met and plans are in place to provide continuous improvement. Ensures collaboration of the Construction team group across other functional areas, establishing effective working relationships with partners.
• Ensuring application of efficient work practices for core group processes and ensures continuous improvement and update of these practices by incorporating lessons learned. Provide guidance on construction related technology and engineering issues to construction team. Develop yearly plans and personal objectives that support the overall project goals. Advises and correlates short and long term tactical plans and programs for design, construction or alteration of activities based on overall project plan. Complies with all training requirements to perform duties of the job. Meets all mobility demands to perform duties and/or fulfill responsibilities of the job. Establishes plans for talent development, diversification, and professional development for project teams including contracted and direct reports as needed.
What you’ll own and how you’ll grow:
• Deliver Construction objectives that result in fulfillment of project goals through Project and Program Management to establish, enable and attain Janssen Supply Chain goals and objectives.
• Lead J&J internal/external cross functional teams to ensure successful project and program to achieve.
• Strong management and technical skills. Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in bridging technical and business disciplines, Evaluates and determines appropriate risks.
• Possesses a full working knowledge of Project Management processes required in the design and execution of field construction activities including, but not limited to quality, project controls, and commissioning / qualification of FDA and other agency regulated facilities including regulations governing product manufacturing or importation.
• Full understanding of Project Controls and financial assessments required for Capital Appropriation submissions.
• Process and Manufacturing – strong experience and capabilities in J&J manufacturing processes (Pharma, preferably in Biologics).
• Understanding and familiarity with clean and dirty utility, manufacturing software and J&J Quality system documentation inclusive of CQV requirements in preparation for commercially ready operations.
• Leads at department level of organization. Provides consultation to colleagues and mgmt. Demonstrates a track record of mentoring others.
• Performance- Documented success achieving company goals.
• Strong record of collaborating to ensure completion of significant projects.
• Tracks technology and industry trends.
• Experience and full working knowledge of field construction activities, schedule development, construction safety methodologies, functional disciplines, RFP development, de-scoping and award of contracts including understanding of contract language and associated legal implications.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career:
This is an opportunity to work with a Johnson & Johnson company, in an FDA Regulated Environment, as a senior leader in an extremely large expansion project, one of the biggest in Johnson & Johnson history within a biologics company with a strong record in employee continuous professional development and business continuous improvement.
You will work in the department of Engineering and Platform Solutions initially andafter 2 /3 years the position will become of a member the regional project management or engineering and design team with worldwide engineering and technical operations.
You will reports to: WWETO (World Wide Engineering Technical Operations- Johnson & Johnson’s corporate engineering group) Project Leader for the initial 2 to 3 years and the WWETO E&D EMEA Regional Director there after.
You will be Located in Cork (2 to 3 years located in Cork Ireland, up to 50% travel thereafter)
Relocation support will be offered for the preferred candidate.
BE VITAL - What you’re great at:
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution is required. A minimum of 15 years of relative business experience and project and operations management is required including all aspects of Construction Management.
Prior experience managing to have managing construction management at risk projects over $200
MMUSD in Supply Chain, R&D, Distribution Centers and Offices is required.
Full working knowledge of Project Controls in cost and schedule development and financial assessments is required.
LEED AP certification is preferred. PMP or comparable Certification. Familiarity with J&J Project Management approaches (FPX & Project Delivery Process) is preferred.
Manufacturing experience in an FDA regulated environments to include design through startup is required.
Experience managing Cost and budgets is required. Experience in leading groups and developing individuals within an organization is required.
The Ideal candidate will has experience in Biotech projects
Janssen Biologics (Ireland) (8167)