Catholic Charities of Omaha Behavioral Health Tech - Columbus COR in Columbus, Nebraska
To assist and provide support for clients in meeting their daily needs in a healthy and safe manner. To monitor clients physical, social and behavioral needs and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that the initiation of appropriate interventions and support are provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to assess client functions and report changes to the team.
- Follows through with interventions listed on the client’s treatment plan.
- Provides/facilitates education/support for clients in one-on-one or class setting.
- Consistently follows and assists clients in following the program structures and schedule.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of/ability to learn addictions/mental health recovery /domestic violence models and approaches, group facilitation, strengths perspective, and rehab service approaches also required.
- Skills in: organizational, interpersonal relations, verbal and written communications.
- Computer proficiency including MS word, excel, power point, outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with detail and accuracy, and to work a diverse client population.
- Ability to make decisions in emergency situations and the absence of supervisor.
- Ability to show sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Knowledge of local community resources is helpful as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in psychology, human services, sociology or like field, is preferred, or;
- Two years of course work in a human services field, or;
- Two years of applicable experience, or;
- Two year of lived recovery with demonstrated skills and competencies in the provision of substance use disorder services and demonstrated skill and competency in working with chronic substance dependence.
- 6 months experience working with the public or on a work team required.
- One-year experience working within behavioral health is preferred.
Requisition Number: 16-0004
Post Date: 1/4/2016
Title: Behavioral Health Tech - Columbus COR
Schedule Comments: FT & PT // AM & PM Shifts