FN America, LLC Quality Assurance Tech I in Columbia, South Carolina
Quality Assurance Tech I
Location: Columbia, SC
Job Code: 186
Salary/Rate of Pay:
Job Brief: Quality Assurance Tech I
Responsible for the effective utilization of inspection equipment and systems to assure the quality manufacture of FNMI products.
• Operates and analyzes data from sophisticated measuring devices such as DNC, CMM, OGP, Micro-Hite, and programmable measuring devices including multi axis and linear axis. Communicates analysis results to ME’s, QE’s, and or manufacturing employees for continuous quality improvement.
• Assist ME’s, QE’s, and/or set-up personnel and manufacturing employees as required for facilitating production and assuring quality.
• Provides work instruction to manufacturing employees relative to product quality requirements, measurement techniques, measuring equipment use and care, process control characteristics and frequency.
• Applies statistical process control methods for analyzing and interpreting data to evaluate the current process and process changes. Takes necessary and appropriate action to return non-compliant processes into statistical control. Quarantines questionable product and in concert with the Preliminary Material Review Team members, determines the disposition.
• Performs preventative maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
• Measures product to obtain quality data to evaluate quality improvements, process capability (CP/CPK), machine capability (CN/CMK), and gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R) Product Engineering, Maintenance, Manufacturing Supervision, and manufacturing employees relative to problems for corrective action (solutions).
• Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with policies and procedures. Prepares documentation of quality (inspection results, disposition scrap/rework as required) prior to product movement inside the company, to outside contractors, and to final customers.
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
• Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Ability to relay the audit results in an electronic format as required for the area of support; i.e. Filling out of audit results in a 202 or 206 format.
• An understanding and background of simple/generic machining processes and possible secondary operations; i.e. grinding, heat-treat, sand/bead-blast, phosphate and etc.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma (or GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six to twelve months of related experience in a manufacturing environment, blue print reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.
The Quality Technician and Group Leader is responsible to the Quality Engineer.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FNH USA-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at www.fnhusa.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.