JES Holdings Accountant in Columbia, Missouri
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our vision is to create enduring value and enhanced quality of life in every community we serve.
Our purpose is to serve our customers by helping them achieve success. We strive to be one of the finest small companies in America by always putting our customers first. We place the highest priority on developing long-term relationships with clients and investors in the financial services and real estate markets to maximize profitable opportunities for all concerned. We will serve our clients and communities with integrity to maintain their trust and respect.
JES Holdings is the parent company to Affordable Equity Partners, Inc. (AEP); JES DEV CO, Inc.; Capital Health Management, Inc. (CHM); Fairway Management, Inc. (FWM); Fairway Construction, Inc. (FWC); and Prime Senior Living.
Fairway Management (FWM), a JES Holdings company, is responsible for the management, maintenance, marketing and business administration of more than 155 apartment communities and several single-family rental subdivisions in seven states. FWM's team of accountants, property managers, compliance officers and field staff members work together to maximize occupancy levels, affordable rents and exceptional living standards.
Accountants within Fairway Management apply the principles of accounting in analyzing financial information for a portfolio of Fairway managed entities in order to prepare monthly financial statements. They prepare financial reports that are required by management and legal mandates for current reporting and future projections. Accountants also maintain and update records used in the financial management of the business.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for a portfolio of FWM properties according to established policy and procedure.
- Prepare and review financial summary reports and other reports as needed to accompany monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile rent rosters to deposit records and monitor tenant accounts receivable/prepaid balances.
- Assist FWM personnel in the preparation of property budgets and enter budget information into the appropriate system, such as Rural Development or all other state agencies by the appropriate deadlines.
- Assist in the assimilation of information for outside tax preparers and auditors.
- Review tax returns and audit reports.
- Maintain fixed asset tracking depreciation for assigned Fairway managed entities.
- Prepare and analyze cash flow projections for variances between budgeted and actual revenues and expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience consisting of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in an accounting environment, preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements, preferred.
Hours per week: N/A
City, State: Columbia, MO
Property Type: Home Office