City and County of Denver Youth Sports - Recreation Instructor (On Call) in Colorado
Are you a dedicated and qualified instructor looking for meaningful work?
Are you passionate about enriching the lives of youth through engagement in sports?
How would you like to work for one of the best Parks & Recreation Departments in the nation?
The City and County of Denver - Parks and Recreation Department *is seeking *Youth Sports - Recreation Instructors (On-Call) *for the *2016 season (April through October).
Youth Sports is in search of dedicated individuals to coach a variety of sports for youth ages 3 to 17 years for all seasons. Coaching opportunities are available throughout Denver's network of Recreation Centers. Additional opportunities and hours may be available for league supervision roles as well.
If applying, be sure to complete the application in full, being as detailed as possible
The City & County of Denver - Parks & Recreation Department offers Youth Sports programming for kids, ages 3 - 17 years. However, the bulk of the programming is aimed at youth ages 5 - 14 years. Our team of devoted instructors enrich the lives of youth through engagement of sports, learning the fundamentals of numerous sports including Baseball, Basketball, Coach Pitch, T-Ball, Softball, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Soccer, and Rugby. Youth Sports programming utilizes Denver's impressive network of recreation centers, parks and athletic fields/facilities to deliver valuable athletic resources in a safe and fun environment. Youth Sports Recreation Instructors positively impact the lives of Denver's youth by aiding in the development of important life skills through athletics.
Interested? At the City & County of Denver you have the opportunity to work for a progressive public sector organization while building the community around you. Please review the qualifications and click the 'Apply' button at the top of the posting and/or visit: www.denvergov.org/jobs.
For more information on Denver's impressive Parks & Recreation Department, please visit https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-parks-and-recreation.html
*Please Note: *You will no longer receive communications via e-mail or regular mail regarding your application status. Please check your status throughout your application process by clicking HERE.
Please note that once you've applied, there's no need to reapply to the same job post.
- Facilitate sports programming through instruction and supervision of youth ages 3-17 years
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for all participants
- Enforce program rules, department policies and provide conflict resolution and behavior management when necessary
- Obtain NYSCA Certification(Coaches Certification)
- Attend all mandatory trainings and workshops Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- *AND *a minimum of 6 hours of college coursework in a recreation field, elementary or secondary education, psychology, sociology, or related field.
- 1 year of experience as a teacher, tutor, counselor, or coach in an organized recreation program or related field.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement
- Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement except for the high school diploma/GED Certificate.
- Appropriate volunteer experience may be substituted. This experience must be detailed in the "Work Experience" portion of the application in order to be considered.
By position, a valid Colorado Driver's License may be required. Preferred Qualifications:
Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Experience as a Head Coach or a minimum of two seasons as an Assistant Coach
- Experience in instructing or coaching one or more of the following sports: Baseball, Basketball, Coach Pitch, T-Ball, Softball, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Soccer, and/or Rugby
- Experience coaching, instructing or teaching youth, ages 3-14 years Additional Information
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
Classification Title: Recreation Instructor - On Call [CA2583] Working Title: Youth Sports - Recreation Instructor (On Call) Pay Grade: 607-A Pay Range: $13.91 - $20.30 Hourly Agency: Parks and Recreation *To Apply: * please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit: * *www.denvergov.org/jobs Assessments / Testing: This position may require an online or in-person assessment. If testing is required, you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with further information about the testing process after the position has closed. Please add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list and check you spam or junk mail for this email. For a list of positions that require testing and more information about our testing process, click here. Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here. Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary: $13.91 - $20.30 Hourly
Job Type: On Call Regular
Job Number: CA2583-16 13931
Location: Various locations throughout the City & County of Denver, CO
Department: Parks and Recreation (DPR)
Closing: 10/28/2016 11:59 PM Mountain