Serco Contracts Representative (Junior to Mid level) - Colorado Springs, CO NC52131827 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Contracts Representative (Junior to Mid level) - Colorado Springs, CO NC52131827Colorado Springs, CO, US
Job Description Position has strategic impact to the business unit. Responsible for managing critical contract(s) with moderate to high risk and visibility. Requires high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation and an understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts, state and local contracting and supplemental acquisition regulations of government agencies.
Prepares moderately complex proposals, conducts negotiations, and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications and other official communications. Interacts with customers in accordance with company’s policies and procedures, applicable laws, customer requirements, and sound business judgment. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs tasks with increasing complexity and tasks requiring detailed analysis and research. Works under general supervision. Creativity and independent decision making is required. Typically reports to a supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure and communicates results to subordinates.
• Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
• Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives
• Reviews and manages contractual obligations and provides appropriate level of review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
• Works with different contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus and hybrids), modifies contracts and exercises options, terminates and closes out contract
• Familiar with GSA Schedules, GSA Contracts, FAR, DFARS and other agency supplements in order to quickly perform sophisticated risk analysis for new and ongoing opportunities.
• Focal point for communication with Finance, Legal and business team members for resolution of contract matters and disputes
• Acts as liaison between our internal client and the end customer Contracting Officer/Buyer.
• Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes
• Has an understanding of the business being conducted and an understanding of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications
• May be assigned small business liaison actions, SB planning and reporting
• May be assigned department compliance support actions such as review of database accuracy, analysis of CostPoint information
• May be assigned to track and enter manpower reports for U.S. government contracts
Required Skills A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 3 years’ relevant experience. Contracting Certification and/or master’s degree preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and strong writing skills are essential.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52131827
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Other