The Mosaic Company General Mgr in Colonsay, Saskatchewan
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company ( www.mosaicco.com ), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a General Manager at our Colonsay, SK location. The General Manager of our Colonsay, Saskatchewan location organizes, coordinates and directs operations at Mosaic's Colonsay potash production facility. The General Manager contributes to the advancement of mining and processing technology for application in Saskatchewan and other deposits, to maximize profits, return on investment and growth potential for Mosaic in the potash business.
What will you be working on?
- Executes Mosaic's mission, values and strategies (e.g. Invest in People) by effectively leveraging available tools and processes. Leads employees through changing plans, priorities or business conditions in a positive and constructive way, generating a clear sense of direction; clearly sets objectives and expectations. Advocates continuous learning and removes barriers to ensure employees have access to and complete development activities. Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
- Establish annual operating plans to meet projected sales consistent with long range plans & produce products that meet customer's quality requirements.
- Continually seek innovative ways to increase production while optimizing costs and working capital.
- Meet cost, schedule and operational objectives on expansion and sustaining maintenance capital projects.
- Ensure that Mosaic's EHS programs are maintained and improved to meet government regulations and achieve an accident free operation which is an industry leader in environmental stewardship. Establish annual operating plans to meet projected sales consistent with long range plans & produce products that meet customer's quality requirements.
- As a people leader the incumbent ensures direct reports understand their work and roles, provides a clear picture on how employees can grow and develop, provides timely and constructive feedback, both formally and informally, ensures employees feel engaged and understand how they contribute to Mosaic's overall mission and goals, and manages performance issues.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in mining related discipline is required (engineering, chemistry, etc); other Business Degrees are an asset.
- 15+ years combined mining, specifically in the potash industry mining and leadership experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to be a strong leader in a diverse workforce.
- The incumbent must deal with various local and state government departments in matters related to taxation, environment, safety, etc.
- Active involvement in industry associations and visibility in the local community is also an important requirement of the position.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Requisition ID: 19836