Mercy Health Director Patient Access / Patient Transfer Center in Cincinnati, Ohio
Director Patient Access / Patient Transfer Center
Job ID: 4640249
Updated: October 17, 2016
Geographic Location: HomeOffice
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States
Department: Patient Transfer Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Provides operational oversight and direction of the Mercy Transfer Center initiative in a manner consistent with the Mercy Mission, Vision, and Promise while meeting the strategic and operational objectives established by Corporate and Market leadership. The position works collaboratively with leadership, staff, and internal and external customers to design, develop, implement, and maintain a Transfer Center function supporting the Ministry built around patient navigation principles promoting market growth through efficient access and positive customer experiences. The position also monitors operational efficiency of staff as well as workload output to ensure the strategic and operational objectives are being met as defined by Mercy Leadership.
SUPERVISES – RN Access Specialist, LPN / Paramedic Access Specialist, and Access Specialist
Nature of Supervision Received: Indirect, Minimal – individual progresses on his / her own in compliance with policies, procedures, and clinical and behavioral practices as defined by regulatory and / or organizational standards.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participates in the development of budgetary and operational goals and objectives, including short and long range planning, ensuring quality, cost, and customer experience is maintain in the delivery model.
- Collaborates with Mercy Health Leadership at all levels to ensure Transfer Center functions and service delivery are aligned with Mission, Vision, and Promise.
- Identifies, evaluates, and facilitates implementation of Transfer Center “Best Practice” models and ensures such practices are aligned with regulatory, accreditation, and organizational standards / practices.
- Manages staffing and scheduling within productivity and budgetary guidelines while ensuring quality performance metrics are maintained at all times.
- Continually evaluates work-flow designs and implements process improvement initiatives to improve customer service and workflow efficiencies.
- Investigates customer service / process opportunities and facilitates a plan for resolution in a timely manner.
- Leads in development, planning and coordination of assigned projects utilizing resource allocation, expense management, and project management principles.
- Serves as a personal and professional role model to staff, and provides concurrent and annual employee evaluations / feedback.
· Minimum: 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
· Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Related Field or Broad Knowledge of Acute Healthcare Operations
Training / License / Certifications:
- Preferred: Licensure in Clinical Healthcare Field
· Five years of acute clinical (ED or Critical Care Preferred)and / or Management experience
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with team as well as internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS :
· Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment with periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads.
· Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays to provide staff oversight when indicated
· General Office Environment: works generally at a desk in a well-lighted are with moderate noise levels.
· Must be able to travel at the discretion of leadership to serve actual and potential clients – travel includes both same day and overnight with potential multiple subsequent overnight stays and includes both automobile and air travel.
· Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
· Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
· Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.