Aon Corporation Strategic Projects - Financial Governance Sr. Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For A Strategic Projects - Financial Governance Manager
The Financial Governance Sr. Analyst of the Strategic Projects Team is principally responsible for building valuation models, conduct the accounting research and analysis, as well as act as a project manager for the controllership work-stream on various global strategic projects. The Financial Governance Committee is a cross functional team consisting of Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Legal which reviews and approves significant structuring projects occurring within Aon. It is the aim of the committee to ensure initiatives are executed in an efficient manner, are in line with the company’s strategy and long term capital plan, as well as in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Document accounting considerations related to individual transactions in formal memorandum with references supporting conclusions under both, IFRS and US GAAP, as well as local statutory requirements as applicable.
- Assess financial reporting risks such as exposure to foreign exchange and statutorily mandated liquidity levels, and provide options on how to manage those risks
- Build various financial models to be used for valuations
- Prepare basic financials for consolidated groups and work with FP&A; and business leads to develop cash flow forecasts
- Participate in the testing of goodwill and intangibles for impairment
- Draft journal entries to guide local accounting teams through proper recognition of cross-border inter-company transactions.
- Participate in other special projects, as requested
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 2+ years of relevant work experience
Advanced Excel skills including modeling.
Experience researching US GAAP and IFRS standards and drafting accounting memoranda.
Knowledge of US GAAP accounting treatment for transacting in foreign currencies and consolidation accounting.
Experience working in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) preferred.
Demonstrated excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytic skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders
Ability to work independently and manage projects with an ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task with specific attention to detail
We offer you A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience: From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
About Aon: Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com
Job number: 2423072
Category: Finance Group
Location: United States, IL, Chicago