Raymond James Associate Trust Officer- Chicago, Raymond James Trust in Chicago, Illinois
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge in (particular field or specialization) and skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to administer basic-level personal trust, estate, and custody accounts. Fulfills the duties of Raymond James Trust (RJT) as a fiduciary or custodian in accordance with the terms of the governing instruments, local law, and sound fiduciary principles. Achieves the objectives of RJT as stated in the Corporate Mission statement and provides fiduciary services that exceed our clients' expectations. In some cases may be assigned to a more senior officer as an Associate Trust Officer/Trust Administrator during the development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reads and interprets trust and testamentary instruments and acts in accordance herewith.
· Handles administration of more complex trust accounts.
· Knows and utilizes applicable local law and tax law in the administration of revocable and irrevocable trusts and decedent's estates.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of trust accounting principles.
· Maintains technical abilities for the purposes of monitoring and administering personal trusts. This includes the use of trust accounting and management software as well as word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Assist Trust Officers in estate administration, including confirming assets, inventory, securing real estate and tangible property and necessary court filings.
· Confirms asset transfers and real estate recordings.
· Secures date of death valuations and information on unusual assets.
· Effectively interacts with Financial Advisors in the defining of the investment goals and requirements for the achievement of trust objectives, the establishment of an appropriate asset allocation, and the selection of investments suitable to the achievement of trust purposes.
· Works closely with clients to determine the extent of their requirements and assist in the achievement of their financial objectives.
· Maintains records for annuity contracts and life insurance held in Trust.
· Files death claims on annuity, life and pension contracts as necessary.
· Secures and confirms beneficiary information and notifications as necessary.
· Participates in Trust Committee and exercises sound judgment in the acceptance and execution of administrative functions.
· Reviews accounts on a daily basis through the use of the administrative officer's trial balance.
· Instructs the assigned trust administrators of those actions to be taken in the proper and efficient administration of trusts.
· Monitors and takes action with respect to accounts as required.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Principles of trust administration and estate planning.
· Communicating with associates at all levels as well as an array of clients.
· Drafting written correspondence.
· Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office applications sufficient to create letters, documents, spreadsheets and email.
· Function in a professional office environment.
· Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
· Reason and make decisions with limited supervision.
· Provide efficient service to clients internal and external.
· Deal with professionals such as Financial Advisors, attorneys, and CPA's.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
· Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university and four (4) years of trust administration experience.
· Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
· None required.
Job: *Administrative & Support Services
Organization: *Raymond James Trust Company Admin
Title: Associate Trust Officer- Chicago, Raymond James Trust
Requisition ID: 1602505