Aon Corporation Senior Delivery Manager (Self-Directed Brokerage Window/401k Operations Management) in Charlotte, North Carolina
Aon Is Looking For a Senior Delivery Manager As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Point Solutions business group within Aon Hewitt, in Charlotte, NC.
A Hewitt Financial Services Delivery Leader (HFS DL) and CEO demonstrates extensive securities industry knowledge, firm regulatory requirements, and deep experience in client consulting skills, especially self-directed brokerage windows. The HFS DL will be responsible for all regulatory, vendor, client and internal Aon Hewitt client team relationships with respect to the delivery of self-directed brokerage windows and other financial services related products. In general, this role will have overall ownership of the HFS broker dealer firm. The HFS DL is responsible for the client satisfaction, requirements creation and maintenance, onboarding as well as ongoing delivery for brokerage services.
Brokerage Operations and Delivery
- Acts as the subject matter expert for all brokerage services including but not limited to self-directed windows, client onboarding and conversions.
- Facilitates updates for all applicable requirements documentation for brokerage clients in ongoing delivery. Leverages the Aon Hewitt benefits administration team where appropriate.
- Provides subject matter expertise to client, client team, shared services, and supporting services on brokerage provisions and ongoing processing concepts for clients in ongoing delivery.
- Serves as primary resource to client, client team, shared services, and supporting services in the translation of brokerage requirements.
- Cultivates relationships between self-directed brokerage clients and Aon Hewitt. Acts as the subject-matter experts in an effort to exchange knowledge and ideas to further develop brokerage relationship.
- Provide direction and support to HFS clients to ensure that prompt, informed answers are being provided for daily operational and regulatory needs.
- Conducts ongoing client status meeting.
- Shares his/her own in-depth financial services understanding with others, and uses that understanding to identify ways clients can be better served.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Series 7 required, Series 24 required.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 + years financial services experience managing multifaceted projects and multiple clients.
- Strong knowledge of brokerage operations.
- Previous experience working with Pershing is highly desirable.
- Previous benefits administration and client consulting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially specific to persuasion, influence, and negotiation. Has track record of being able to influence indirect parties and shared services functions to accomplish client objectives.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate effective conversations with internal and external clients.
- Excellent knowledge of brokerage operational disciplines.
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings/weekends to meet deadlines.
- Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship.
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to 2 hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
- Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
- Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel to clients locations required.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
About Aon Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership with Manchester United.
Job number: 2419295
Category: Operations and Tech Services Group
Location: United States, NC, Charlotte