Ally Financial Product Analytics -- Credit Card in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 21, 2016
This position will be responsible for producing meaningful analyses and business intelligence in support of the Ally Bank credit card business and will provide the opportunity to be both hands-on with raw data as well as build business intelligence tools to drive valuable business decisions.
- Combine knowledge of technology and the business to deliver tools, analysis, and presentations to guide in business decisions and improve efficiency.
- Build relationships with business partners and technical teams to maintain functional knowledge of the data.
- Help improve the organization of an analytic data mart and business intelligence tools to ensure clear and consistent delivery of information.
- Support various business partners by doing both ad-hoc queries and end-to-end buildout of analytical tools.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of data, reports and business intelligence solutions.
- Translate business questions into data requirements and business intelligence.
- 2+ yrs. of experience in data mining and analysis in financial services or related field
- Strong knowledge of SAS and/or SQL
- Prior credit card analyst experience (preferred but not required)
- Background in relational databases and data management concepts
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data into clear, action-oriented recommendations for the business
- Ability to communicate analytical insights clearly and concisely to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Self-starter comfortable with limited direction and open-ended requests
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer care. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and member FDIC, the bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Ally Bank was named "Best Online Bank" for the 5th consecutive year since 2011 by MONEY® Magazine.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6228
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)