Ally Financial Marketing Intern in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 22, 2016
Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced; connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the country. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally's leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business. Ally's internship program offers the following components:
- Market competitive compensation
- Formal company orientation and training
- Executive speaking series
- Experienced mentors
- Hands on experience
- Project based work
- Leadership and career development
- Networking opportunities
There are two Marketing Internships available in Charlotte. One is in our Digital Marketing space. The Digital Marketing Intern is someone who is passionate about all things digital including targeting, data, mobile, online video, social, and search. The candidate should have a passion for metrics as well as a creative thinking side and be very comfortable with both Excel and Powerpoint. Familiarity of the digital ecosystem and how it works is a plus but not required. Responsibilities to include project management, reporting, and creative solutioning.
- Attend formal company orientation and training
- Participate in executive speaking series
- Have hands on experience in area of study; as well as participate in project based work
- Communicate regularly with mentors
- Lead an end of assignment presentation
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in the Financial Services industry.
- A rising Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Strong candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should reside in a commutable distance from the Ally location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world class marketing professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of all enterprise marketing across our deposits, auto, insurance, mortgage and new product launches. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media and customer engagement and cross sell efforts. Additionally, marketing owns the enterprise research function and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise. Recently named one of the Top 25 hottest up and coming brands in the world, marketing plays a pivotal role in the ongoing development of the Ally brand.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6242
POSITION LEVEL: Intern
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)