Ally Financial IT Business Operations Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 30, 2016
The IT Business Operations Analyst will have a number of responsibilities supporting Ally's Finance and Accounting systems and business customers. This individual will be member of a team whose responsibilities span the maintenance and development of key financial accounting, travel and expense, reconciliation and reporting systems. Responsibilities of this position will span application monitoring; incident resolution; requirements analysis and definition; application design and development; implementation and deployment; communications and change management; ongoing support and enhancements; software upgrades. Ally seeks a candidate with broad experience or aptitude to learn business process, functional configuration and development. Candidates need to be able to gain a good grasp of the technical side of the process, yet be able to converse with our business users in order to gather and understand their business requirements.
- Support the daily Operations Management of the Capital Markets accounting systems
- Knowledge of Capital Markets product types and position lifecycle required
- Emphasis on fixed income securities and derivatives, specifically FX, swaps and hedging
- Assist in development of operational controls and systematic work flows for new security types, new portfolios and new third party managers
- Act as liaison between Finance, Trading Desk, Custodians and Operations team to identify and resolve issues
- Daily reconciliation of all cash and position files, trade settlement and accurate accruals of interest income
- Ability to interpret and process simple and complex corporate actions
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Act as Business Analyst on projects involving these sub-ledger systems, i.e. business requirements, data analysis, testing, documentation, etc.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle - requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests.
- Proactively monitoring financial processes in the production environment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot user reported incidents
- Monitor application business, batch and system processes.
- Respond to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
- Ensure common configuration across business units where appropriate.
- Defining maintenance and other improvements as needed.
- Ensuring adherence to methodology, change control, and compliance requirements.
- Act as a liaison with external suppliers on projects and enhancements.
- Develop functional design for release upgrades or new functionality/enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
- Work with external suppliers and end users to facilitate problem resolution.
- Collaborates with Finance organization to ensure organizational readiness (including business process changes people changes, change management and communication) is addressed.
- Create plans and lead QA/test activities for configuration/development activities.
- Administer user support documentation and provide training and coaching to end users.
- Participates in the planning, organization, development and deployment of reporting and analysis projects.
- Creates and communicate training, process guidance and instructions to user environment
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and initiate proactively
- Ability to navigate across the organization and work collaboratively with business and technology team
- Strong attention to detail, analytics skills, proactive and know when to probe
- Ability to run/troubleshoot MS Access databases
- Excel skills: ODBC, pivot tables, SUMIF formulas
- SQL experience is a positive for research
- Positive attitud
- Ability to manage and support enterprise business applications by leveraging internal and external teams along with third-party vendor solution
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Some understanding of GAAP accounting and Insurance Statutory reporting a positive
- 2+ years of related experience or bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Finance or Accounting
Strong Finance and Accounting background and business acumen required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to communicate effectively with individual contributors up to Director level personnel.
- Experience of SAP ECC FI/CO (AA, AP, AR, GL, PS, Banking), Consolidation (EC-CS) , SAP BW (Business Warehouse), or SAP ABAP programming (development) a bonus
- Proficiency or experience in data warehouse tools and technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL Server Integration Services a bonus.
- Proficiency or experience in Reporting and Analysis Tool such as Oracle OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence), Cognos, Business Objects or Hyperion Essbase or Planning a bonus.
- Experience with Blackline Reconciliation or similar technology or business process a bonus.
- Experience with Concur Travel - Expense or similar technology or business process a bonus
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the Best Online Bank (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6275
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)