Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Description POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Director of Contracting and Revenue Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst will share in the responsibility of maintaining the Infirmary’s revenue modeling and payment recapture system, producing variance reports, analyzing them and working with other Infirmary employees to capture any monies due to the Infirmary. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for maintaining the Harvest Contract Management System.
Revenue Modeling, Analysis and Claims Resolution
- Assist in maintaining the Infirmary’s revenue modeling system (REV) system. This includes updating the system for changes in Medicare and Medicaid regulations as well as changes in managed care contractual arrangements and billing guidelines.
- Develop and maintain written procedures for the REV system. This includes procedures for updating the system and monthly processing.
- Review variances to ensure the REV system is accurately projecting expected payments and, if not make the necessary corrections.
- The Senior Analyst is responsible for remaining current with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations as they relate to the Infirmary.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc revenue analysis reports.
- Interact extensively with insurance companies to resolve payment discrepancies. This includes defining the error, collecting data, establishing facts and presenting valid conclusions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for revenue improvement.
Harvest Contract Management System
Maintain the Harvest payment verification system. Update relevant information to ensure correct calculation of claims.
The Senior Analyst is also responsible for ensuring that changes to insurance contracts and billing rules are communicated and implemented by Harvest personnel.
Payment Analysis and Recapture
Develop and produce detailed and summary variance reports. Analyze the variances between actual and expected reimbursement to determine if the variances are an isolated incident or indicate a pattern of incorrect payments.
Prepare monthly status reports for senior management.
The Senior Analyst works in a professional and cooperative fashion with various employees of the Infirmary so that payment issues can be resolved, variances can be explained and the Infirmary receives proper payment.
Requirements EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration, with major in accounting, finance, or economics. Five to seven years of financial analysis, hospital reimbursement or database management experience is required, preferably in health care. Must be skilled in the use of database and spreadsheet software.
Requisition Number: 16-0020
Post Date: 9/26/2016
Title: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Hours Per Week: 40