UNC Health Care HCS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SR - IT COMPUTER OPER & TECH SUPPT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Serves as a technical expert on systems and server administration. Maintains, patches and resolves issues in the technology infrastructure specializing in operating systems and platforms supporting the UNC Health Care System. Applies professional experience and training in information technology to keep production systems operating securely and consistently. Works with vendors and a variety of users to optimize systems in order to increase user productivity and efficiency. In addition, this position:
1) Also serves as first level escalation for other team members and other departments, for complex server related issues.
2) Monitors systems performance by collecting and analyzing data using a variety of tools. Recommends and/or implements tuning measures to optimize performance if needed. Maintains and edits rules for event detection, to ensure system anomalies are captured. Works effectively with co-workers and vendors to isolate and resolve system problems. Monitors server backups daily for trends, missed files/folders, or any discrepancies and works to resolve any problems.
3) Help to create and maintain documentation of departmental and system level policies.
4) Follows appropriate change control procedures when making system changes. Change records are submitted well in advance whenever possible and include relevant detailed information.
5) Supports other critical applications running on servers for those application functions that interact with the underlying operating system.
6) Responsible for coordinating installation, maintenance, and inventory tracking of datacenter equipment, such as servers and parts for asset tracking.
7) Maintains operating system-level software to highest security and fix levels allowed by vendor's certification of application software. Systems are maintained in an audit-ready state and are upgraded to latest stable releases.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) required.
5 years of experience in directly related job functions required.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Department: U-1000-IT COMPUTER OPER & TECH SUPP
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2017, 1:52:43 PM
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: INF002RW