G6 Hospitality Training Manager in CARROLLTON, Texas
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
Are you dynamic, results-oriented and possess a passion for helping others grow and develop? If so, G6 Hospitality has your next career opportunity. With over 50 years of operational excellence of an iconic brand, G6 Hospitality is growing and looking for talented learning and development professionals to join our team. The Training Manager is a seasoned, individual contributor role responsible for contributing to the corporation’s overall business objectives by leveraging their expertise in the facilitation and management of Instructor-Led Training (both virtual and non-virtual) of multiple programs to learners at all levels of the organization.
The primary role of this position is to facilitate instructor-led training for the enterprise including new-hire training for both corporate and franchise General Managers. The Training Manager guides participants to achieve learning outcomes by employing advanced facilitation skills, including adult instructional and experiential learning techniques. As the owners of the learner’s experience, this position also provides and manages to feedback and evaluations regarding learner performance, co-facilitator skill development (including Subject Matter Experts) and curricula and course design and development.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
– coordinate and facilitate instructor-led training sessions, as defined by both corporate and training objectives. Plan, organize and conduct both virtual and non-virtual training sessions. The majority of time for this position is spent in delivering extensive new-hire and developmental training programs, mostly classroom-based, to both corporate and franchise General Managers, i.e., MIT, Franchise GM and Franchise Quality. Employs Adult Instructional Techniques and exemplary facilitation techniques to guide learners from experience to reflections, thinking and action planning and maximize learning as relates to business metrics. Uses effective assessment and facilitation techniques throughout training to gauge and respond to participant performance and retention. Conducts Train the Trainer sessions for SMEs as directed.
– Instructor-Led Training (ILT) Management - Implements ILT programs and supports strategies. Manages all day- to-day administration aspects during ILT program delivery. Works in partnership with Training Coordinator regarding all ILT administration, schedules, enrollments and participant needs. Communicates updates on course completions to Training Coordinator.
Performs reporting functions, tracks and reports on training activities. Ensures integration of company updates to curriculum in a timely manner. Monitors quality of materials.
Provides feedback, performance and professional, to participants, Director, Training and Leadership Development, their supervisors and HR team and recommends solutions for any learner issues, performance or behavioral. Manages and delivers feedback on all assessments to learners Provides feedback to SMEs on delivery and learner impacts, including operations partners who provide OJT and Coaching services during the learning process. Makes recommendations to the Director, Training and Leadership Development and together partners with HR regarding suitability of OJT and Coaching partners. Works with SMEs to develop delivery techniques based on course design. Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs in order to ensure business objectives and customer expectations are met.
Partners with other training team leaders to implement training strategies, especially as relates to delivery. Collaborates with Director, Training and Leadership Development to identify training and development gaps related to key business strategies as well as internal department or individual team member needs. Partners with Training Design team to leverage training delivery expertise in supporting the design and development of training materials and assessments of courses, from pilot phase and ongoing (launch through maintenance). Partners and establishes positive working relationships with corporate team members and franchise partners. Effectively works with instructional design team and subject matter experts to conduct and support training strategy and delivery. Creates compelling customer value by consistently partnering at all levels to identify and deliver both formal and informal training.
Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs in order to ensure business objectives and customer expectations are met. Partners with ID team for course design and adaptations; recommends/models methods, modalities and facilitation skills for training instructions. May develop course materials as assigned. Assists ID team in usability testing for materials. Conducts needs assessments for curriculum development as needed. Define, revise, implement and monitor quality measurement standards for training programs.
Develops/maintains understanding of core business functions and key business initiatives and is able to relate this to training delivery and metrics.
Participates in annual budget process.
May participate as deemed appropriate by skill set and/or professional development in special Task Forces and/or Area/Regional/Divisional meetings. Manages training projects as assigned.
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other Team Members
– Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other Team Members
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other Team Members, and/or other business necessities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years’ experience in training delivery to the management level
• Proven facilitation skills in both virtual and non-virtual environments
• Knowledge of adult education, experiential learning and the ability to determine the most effective learning techniques in development and delivery/facilitation; certification in training delivery and facilitation highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to deliver creative and exciting learner – focused instruction tied to business objectives.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization, partnering with the brands and other departments within the organization.
• Management experience preferred.
• 3+ years in hospitality industry or related field preferred
• Proficiency in the use of PC software tools for communications and presentations
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to include effective time management in all key responsibilities of the job
• Self-directed worker with strong organizational and decision making skills
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to establish positive working relationships (both virtual and non-virtual) across the organization
• High-energy person; with a positive approach to learning
• Strong customer focus
• Proven experience in preparing and presenting to audiences of 25 or more