G6 Hospitality System Administrator III in CARROLLTON, Texas
System Administrator III
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The System Administrator works in a professional manner providing day to day administration responsibilities, escalation and direct customer support, in addition to projects as assigned. The System Administrator is responsible for duties pertaining to the management, administration and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Server technologies and services, Active Directory, Exchange messaging, VMware vSphere services, Citrix XenApp services, web hosting services, and other associated technologies and services for the business of G6 Hospitality.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Create, manage, monitor, troubleshoot and secure user accounts and groups, permissions, email mailboxes, file services, backup-recovery, and other business related services.
– Provide first level support for server and related hardware, operating system and application services.
– Perform as an escalation point for server administration and issue relating to responsible area.
– Provide support for responsible area with the ability to work with system engineers, other IT staff, business units and management.
– Provide professional technical advice, training, and technical support to all customers and IT staff, through direct, over the phone and through written situations.
– Provide business critical support, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance monitoring and security for 24x7 Microsoft Server technologies and services, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange e-mail messaging, VMware vSphere services, Citrix XenApp services, web hosting services, VPN, load balancer services, Identity and Access Management services, and other accompanying technologies, applications and services both on premises and cloud based.
– Provide Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant server platform and other hardware assembly, setup, management, troubleshooting and upgrading for multiple national sites.
– Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, updating, monitoring and securing the Microsoft Server operating system services including Active Directory, group policy, authentication, DNS, DHCP, printing, and IIS.
– Develop solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
– Manage and adapt procedures, processes and documentation as necessary and as business requirements change.
– Expected to carry a business provided cell phone at all times.
– Perform 24x7 on-call support rotation.
– Perform overtime and weekend support as needed.
– Perform all other duties, tasks and assignments as needed or required.
• Job Requirements:
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other employees
– Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other employees, and/or other business necessities
– Lifting of equipment around 50lbs at various heights
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor degree in MIS/CIS or an equivalent is preferred; will substitute work experience for degree.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), IT Professional - Server Administrator (MCITP), Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification or any related technical training or certification is a plus.
• Preferred proven experience with Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant series servers, external storage, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, RAID controllers, memory, NIC’s, disks, ROM and SSD updating, server hardware sizing, configuration, maintaining, troubleshooting and the related management and performance monitoring utilities.
• A minimum of 1 – 3 years of administration, systems management and troubleshooting experience with recent versions of the Microsoft Windows Server operating system, Microsoft and IP networking, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, file and directory services, IIS and Microsoft Exchange, preferably in a mid to large size environment.
• A minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience with the current version and previous two versions of the Microsoft Windows corporate desktop operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
• A good level of knowledge in server related backup, restoration, recovery, clustering, high availability, load balancing, and multi-tiered environments.
• Experience with administration and troubleshooting of recent versions of Citrix XenApp/Metaframe/Presentation Server, Microsoft Terminal Services, VMware vSphere/ESX environments is a plus.
• Experience with administration and troubleshooting of cloud based file services, email, authentication, multi-factor authentication, application and other related cloud based services is a plus.
• Demonstrable experience with scripting languages, such as PowerShell, VBScript, batch, KIX or PERL is a plus.
• Excellent hardware, operating system and software support, troubleshooting and analytical skills, with the ability to assimilate new technologies and concepts quickly are a requirement.
• A solid skill set in organization, leadership, interpersonal communication, teamwork, documentation and result oriented thinking is required.
• Professional and fluent technical and business communication skills, both verbal and written, with a very strong commitment to customer service.
• Must be extremely resourceful, able to work independently or part of a cross-functional team, with a committed desire and comfortable working in a fast pace progressive environment with changing needs, multiple priorities and requirements.
• Perform 24x7 on-call support rotation.
• Perform overtime and weekend support as needed.
• Approximately 10% travel requirements.