G6 Hospitality Risk Analyst in CARROLLTON, Texas
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
Within the established strategies and key objectives set forth for the Risk Department, Risk Analyst position contributes to the development, implementation and measurement of those key strategies and objectives. This includes risk financing for the property and casualty insurance programs, external budgeting and managing vendors. This position is a key contact with finance, accounting, treasury and other corporate departments in order to achieve effective outcomes on key risk initiatives.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Risk Financing
• Budget & Accounting
– Prepare, Maintain and help manage Annual Risk and Department Budget
– Financial tracking with General Accounting
– Maintain Cash Flow Analysis; Collaborating with Treasury
– Insuring timely and accurate monthly reconciliation with General Accounting
– Invoice Processing & Tracking
• Insurance / Coverage Coordination
– Gather exposure data for renewals and reporting
– Audit data collection and review
– Coordinate Renewal application completion with other departments
– Coordinate Monopolistic State Renewals
– Coordinate Surety Program with broker
– Manage Certificates of Insurance with insurance brokers
• Claims Management & Analysis
• Manage Risk Management Information System (RMIS)
– Manage RMIS Service relationships and system enhancements
– Manage Incident Import process with internal IT resources and RMIS vendor
– Coordinate monthly and quarterly internal report delivery
– Perform trending, analysis and benchmarking for projects
– Respond to data requests and inquiries from external auditors (Deloitte)
– Prepare loss and exposure data semi-annually for Actuary and annually for risk/industry benchmarking (RIMS benchmark, AH&LA benchmark)
– Manage technical projects as needed
– Ensure operational realignments are updated in Risk’s systems (STARS, Risktrac)
• Property Claims Administration
– Work with broker in Property claim investigation, claims processing and claims resolution
– Coordinate with insurance broker, adjuster, Technical Services and with Operations following a property loss to ensure smooth handling of the loss
– Coordinate related incident to claim entry and accounting
• Auto Losses
– Intake and routing of company auto damage/accidents (in-house or insurance co.)
– Assist HR team with Fleet Management program review and development
– Manage outside vendor relationship and oversee development and implementation of subrogation program.
– Continuously monitor program metrics; provide consistent updates on program outcomes.
• Loss Prevention
• Provide support in the creation and development of new programs to help mitigate and reduce our total cost of risk. (i.e. WC Allocation and Safety Incentive Programs)
• Perform analysis of outcomes for various programs and provide reports for management as requested.
• Communications / Other Responsibilities
• Insurance Contract review
• Produce periodic executive communications
• Maintain monthly predictive model
• Power Point Presentations (putting info together in PPT format)
• Manage/Update Risk Intranet
• Fulfill various rotating roles as assigned during formal meetings (Moderator, Pacer, Scribe, etc.)
• All other duties as needed or required
Job Requirements / Competencies & Key Behaviors:
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from Operations, customers, vendors, and other team members
– Communicate effectively with Operations, customers, vendors, and other team members
– Be an active listener, one who seeks clarity and follows through on requests
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Must be highly organized and detail oriented
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
– Must have a high degree of technical aptitude and be able to analyze data
– Must be able to manage projects efficiently
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelors degree preferred or 3-5 years experience in risk management
• 3+ years experience in Risk Management
• 3+ years experience utilizing a Risk Management Information System, specifically for reporting
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Prior experience coordinating renewal applications.
• Prior experience gathering exposure data
• Prior experience managing certificates
• Prior experience managing surety programs.
• Prior experience working with property and auto claims
• Expert level skills in excel, power point and word.