G6 Hospitality IT Quality Assurance Engineer in CARROLLTON, Texas
IT Quality Assurance Engineer
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The IT Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer also known as Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Test Engineer, IT QA Engineer, QA Test, or QA Engineer maintains quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology applications and services within G6 IT.
This individual will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements.
This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems and operations systems.
The QA Engineer will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field.
• Five years’ experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for testing
• Five years as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
• Five years’ experience using HP Quality Center Unified Functional Testing (UFT) formerly known as Quick Test Professional (QTP) (HP UFT / QTP)
• Large scale, high volume web-based applications
• Hotel/hospitality website QA Testing experience preferred
• Expertise in Internet technologies, tools and Internet environments
• Mobile web applications
• Good Project Management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Handles complex quality assurance and test environment problems/issues
• Communicate and Manage Quality timelines
• Interface with multiple groups across the organization and with external partners and vendors.
• Acts as lead in creation, preparation and presentation of quality assurance reviews
• Leads development/execution of test plans and test scripts
• Works with cross functional team to establish/maintain consistent test methodology, resolves questions during testing process
• Analyzes, tests, and certifies certain flows in application-specific software
• Conducts quality reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
• May serve as coordinator for all project testing activities
• All other duties as needed or required
• Extensive background supporting Quality Assurance programs in a mid to large size company.
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
• Plan, organize and direct Quality Assurance activities to achieve maximum operational efficiency in meeting department and company goals and objectives.
• Strong background in test automation
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and colleagues, as well as all levels of management.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.