InGenesis Clinical Nurse in Camp Springs, Maryland
Clinical Nurse - Post Anesthesia Care Unit
InGenesis is currently seeking to fill a full time position as a Clinical Nurse PACU at one of our federal government facilities near the Camp Springs, MD.
Schedule 0545-2000 Monday-Friday (40 hours a week)
· Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) through the American Heart Association
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical or critical care inpatient setting. Experience with newborn to geriatric population.
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience in post anesthesia/sedation.
· Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders and conditions as appropriate, as see in critically ill patients.
Work responsibilities: (the duties include but are not limited to the following)
· Coordinate patient care through continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
· Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care with ethical and legal boundaries.
· Accountable for making patient care assignments base on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
· Assess patients. Uses the nursing process as basis for professional practice.
· Effectively communicates and collaborates with diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.