Easter Seals Licensed Vocational Nurse - La Tijera in California
Licensed Vocational Nurse - La Tijera
Full-time*; posted:* Monday, Oct 17 2016
Easterseals Southern California
Send resume to:
Shelly Lambert California
Monitors, oversees general health, medical issues and wellbeing of program participants. The LVN also delivers nursing care to consumers as appropriate within the scope of the program. Trains program associates on health issues that relate to the program participants.
- Monitors general health of program participants during their time at the program.
- Examines and evaluates consumers at program who are reportedly ill, injured, or whose medical equipment seems to be malfunctioning, reports findings and makes recommendations to appropriate individual(s).
- Delivers nursing care to consumers as appropriate within the scope of the program.
- Assists with emergency responses within assigned authority.
- Reports any observed health or safety issues to Program Director.
- Maintains administrative documentation associated with designated programs.
- Evaluates staff training needs within realm of expertise and conducts necessary training.
- Other assignments that may need the associate’s expertise, knowledge or ability.
- Valid Licensed Vocational Nurse Certification/Degree.
- At least one year of experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, with all levels of staff and the general public.
- Ability to properly interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds repetitively, to stand, stoop, kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care to participants, including ability to transfer an individual who has no weight bearing skills.
- Ability to obtain fingerprint/abuse index clearance from Community Care Licensing.
- Ability to pass post-offer medical examination.
- Ability to travel locally. Reliable transportation, proof of valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record, proper auto insurance, and vehicle registration. Appropriate vehicle for transportation of program participants if program requires.