HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse - Intensive Care Unit in Brownsville TX, Texas
_Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX_
/An HCA Affiliated Hospital/
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including: * 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department * Cardiology * Open Heart Surgery * Neurosurgery * Endoscopy * Imaging * Women’s Services * Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Valley Regional is currently looking for a Charge Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit.
The Charge Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe a therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement. Charge Nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff. Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
- Management/initiation and assistance with the insertion of temporary pacemakers.
- Team Lead for Code Blues and Rapid Response calls.
- Management of patients requiring critical drips (titration).
- Management of patients requiring hemodynamic monitoring.
- Management of patients requiring mechanical ventilation.
- Management of patients requiring intracranial pressure monitoring or ventricular drainage.
- Management of patients requiring intra-aortic balloon pumping.
- Management of the post craniotomy patient.
- Management of the post coronary artery bypass graft patient.
- Management of pleural, mediastinal, and abdominal drains.
- Actively participates in solving problems on the unit to improve process issues as well as patient flow.
- Supports departmental and hospital performance improvement initiatives.
- Makes staff assignments based on patient acuity and staff skill levels.
- Serves as a resource for the staff.
- Responds timely to requests for information or follow up with physician, staff or patient issues.
- Assists as needed with department audit processes.
_Qualifications_· Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing · BSN recommended · Current TX RN licensure · BCLS required · ACLS required · TNCC preferred
Title: Charge Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Location: Texas-Brownsville TX-Valley Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00187-4463