Sparboe Farms Packer in Britt, Iowa
Processing team members work in a modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Eggs are processed 7 days/week. Full time and day shift available, pay starting at 11.00/hr.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Packer
JOB DESCRIPTION: To inspect, pack and process eggs according to regulations that protect the consumer and follow government rules and regulations safely, effectively and efficiently. This position works in accordance with the Sparboe Quality Management Program and all its related policies and procedures to keep all product and pallets clean and free from contamination and to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Safety first. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Remove chex, bloods, grade B, dirts and cracks made by the packing process.
- Be responsible for obtaining correct boxes to pack the eggs.
- Pack and label boxes correctly.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area at all times.
- Keep all egg cartons, sleeves/flats, cubes, cases and open pallets clean and free from contamination to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Report any problems to processing management.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds overhead and down to pallet height frequently.
- Work on feet for 8 or more hours per day.
- Work 5 to 6 days per week.
- Perform all other tasks that are requested by management.
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 1981 Iowa Ave. Britt, IA 50423
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer hourlyss
Requisition Number: 16-0191
Post Date: 10/10/2016