The Rare Wine Co. Customer Service Team Member in Brisbane, California
The Rare Wine Co. -- one of the country's most revered wine merchants and importers -- is looking for a bright, motivated and hardworking individual that enjoys making a difference every day. Our unique structure as an Importer, Distributor, and Retailer of fine wine provides exciting opportunities for exceptional employees to learn and grow in the wine business. Our customers value us as one of the world's greatest sources of old & rare wine from iconic, traditional producers.
Responsibilities As an office-based Retail Customer Service representative, initially, the majority of your time will be spent answering phones, emails and entering orders. As your knowledge of our wines and operations improve, your responsibilities will grow to work with our retail sales team to tackle all the daily challenges that come with our fast growing business.
Candidates should have:
• a strong interest (or even passion) for well-made wine
• excellent communication skills, especially in writing
• the desire and energy to work with the less glamorous, but always interesting, operational side of business everyday
• comfortability "wearing a number of different hats" multitasking to take care of your daily responsibilities while being distracted by customer challenges
• the ability to provide outstanding customer service -- specifically, through cheerful communication with others, especially when solving problems. We have great customers that have been with us for a long time, and you'll be key to keeping them satisfied
• Incredible detail orientation. In our business, small details can make a big difference in the value of a wine.
• the ability to touch type (no hunting and pecking please)
• flexibility to work early/late/overtime as needed, especially during March, October, November and December. (We still work a pretty "normal" Bay Area day!)
Perks: • The best compensation package in the business: industry competitive hourly wage + end of year bonus based on company profit and individual performance, 401k, excellent health insurance (premium 85% covered by the company), dental and disability insurance (100% covered by the company) + a generous amount of time-off.
• Continuous learning, including regular tasting of wines from the deepest retail cellar in the country. Don't know a Pouilly Fuisse from Pouilly Fume, the difference between Crianza and Gran Reserva, or what a 40 year old wine tastes like? No matter -- with our top-notch training, you soon will. We have the best international wine education program in Northern California!
• An Excellent work environment: a great group of people who are fun to work with and a fast-paced, startup atmosphere
• A top-notch employee purchase program. We source some of the most iconic wines made. Our employees should be able to enjoy and appreciate them too.
• Potential for growth and advancement -- we expect greatness from our people and reward outstanding contribution with advancement
• Our close proximity to San Francisco beats any other job commute in the Valley -- hands down. Convenient to Muni and Caltrain, or you can bike or scooter it. Just a 15 min drive from the Mission.
Please include a cover letter telling why you are excited about this opportunity and what you think you'd offer!