HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Web Application Engineer in Brentwood, Tennessee
HealthTrust is a total cost management solution provider supporting nearly 1,400 not-for-profit and for-profit acute care facilities, as well as ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites. HealthTrust Technology Innovation (TI) is a Division of HCA Information Technology & Services that is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying innovative products to HealthTrust customer and internal business units. We are looking for smart, dynamic, motivated team members who have a passion for quickly delivering value to customers.
The employee in the Senior Engineer role will participate in the development and deployment of fit-for-purpose web applications aligned to the customer’s strategic plans and technology road maps. The employee will work closely with Customer Engagement and Architecture and Planning teams.
The Senior Engineer will contribute to system requirements documentation, communication to customer engagement and architecture teams, and the refinement of existing system design. They will participate in the preparation and delivery of web applications that address business needs, and furthermore, they will utilize Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodologies for product development.
The Senior Engineer should participate in tactical decision-making processes. This role should practice attentive listening, and display empathy towards others' ideas and perspectives. They should perform all duties with a focus on quality of work and attention to detail with a high level of self-management and self-awareness. Reports to the Manager, BI Analytics.
5-10 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the Healthcare IT industry. In addition web application development experience and experience working in group purchasing and with supply chains is preferred. Key desired experience includes the following:
• Experience with data architecture, data modeling, and data analysis for a variety of data architectures including relational, non-relational, star-schema, data vault, graph, and NoSQL. • Experience with database query languages (SQL, T-SQL, LINQ) and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) technologies
• Experience or knowledge of data warehousing, data integration, data virtualization, big data, and MPP database platforms • Strong business and technical analysis skills • Strong written and verbal communications • Experience interfacing with business stakeholders
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Customer satisfaction • Adherence to system requirements and scope • IT value and quality metrics • Standardization and best practices
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field preferred • 5 years of Experience • Healthcare IT Experience, GPO and Supply Chain experience, Project Management experience preferred • Must be able to travel up to 5% of the time
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team of web application developers • Collaborate with delivery managers, business analysts, architects, and other developers to plan and design technical solutions for business intelligence and analytics requirements • Collaborate with business analysts, project leads, management and customers to develop, refine, scope and plan business requirements in alignment with strategic focus of the enterprise • Work independently and collaboratively to build, test and deploy technical solutions across all layers of the web stack • Ensure proper implementation of architectural guidance while expanding the usefulness of the platform • Integrate new/existing software with existing systems • Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and deliver features • Provide accurate and thorough estimates, impact analysis, design, and unit testing to ensure smooth delivery of product features with attention to detail, dependencies and reduction in defects • Provide rigorous cross-team, operational support within service delivery guidelines • Participate in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team • Understand and enforce defined SDLC processes and coding standards • Identify and implement continuous improvement of technical and operational activities • Mentor junior level developers • Research new technologies in the big data analytics focus area
Title: Senior Web Application Engineer
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-Corporate Brentwood
Requisition ID: 10207-18692