HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Risk Management Specialist (PRN) in Brandon, Florida
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 407-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to our Centers of Excellence including, Chest Pain Center, Heart & Vascular Institute, Spine Care Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Cancer Care, and our Women's & Children's Center.
The Risk Management Specialist supports the Risk Management Department in developing and implementing programs to improve patient and visitor safety. Ensures risk management programs are initiated effectively and meet the needs of the organization.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Ensures risk management programs are initiated effectively and meet the needs of the organization Implements programs designed to improve patient and visitor safety.
* Collects, analyzes and trends data on patient incidents utilizing the event reporting system. Monitors event reporting system and investigates adverse events as appropriate.
* Facilitates root cause analyses of adverse events, participates in development of action plans, and monitors implementation of action plans. Utilizes acquired knowledge from analyses, investigations and root cause analyses to recommend process improvements in patient safety and quality initiatives.
* Ensures compliance with organizational wide risk management program regarding statutory mandates, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards of professional organizations, i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, etc.
* Collaborates, shares pertinent information with members of the healthcare team regarding the risk management program. Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Assist in the development and participates in contingency plans of organizational disaster preparedness and patient safety initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree in a health related field.
Three to five years clinical experience in a healthcare setting required. Previous experience in a supervisory and/or management role required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Minimum of two years of experience with healthcare risk management preferred. Previous experience with hospital management, risk and claims management also preferred.
Licensure: Current FL RN license and FL (LHRM) Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager Individuals hired into this position on or prior to 1/30/2013 are grandfathered into previous licensure requirements. Individuals without CPHRM will be granted a 6 month grace period to obtain FL LHRM as long as another FL LHRM is on staff within the Risk Department.
Title: Risk Management Specialist (PRN)
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-10288