HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Vascular Access Team & PICC PRN in Brandon, Florida
Come and join our winning team as Vascular Access & PICC Registered Nurse. Brandon Regional Hospital has been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. We are committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 438-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community.
Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain CenterHeart & Vascular InstituteSpine Care CenterAdvanced Primary Stroke CenterCancer Care**Women's & Children's Center
Join our friendly community hospital with its close-knit staff of caring professionals located just south of Tampa and discover how we care.
The RN PICC provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Carries out physician orders.
- Performs as part of the PICC team to provide insertion, discontinuation, trouble shooting of PICC line placement.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Monitors outcomes and provides reports related to PICC line placements.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Work schedule: 10 hour days.
Current Florida RN license
Current certification as American Heart Association ACLS & BLS Healthcare Provider.
Minimum 2 year ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab or Radiology Experience
PICC Certification preferred.
Current Knowledge of ECG monitoring.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Vascular Access Team & PICC PRN
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-10091