HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Navigator - Registered Nurse RN in Bradenton, Florida
Serving the healthcare needs of Manatee County for more than 40 years, Blake Medical Center is a 383-bed, tertiary hospital and leading provider of quality, affordable healthcare. We offer a wide range of services including the area's only Trauma Center, 24-hour emergency care, open-heart surgery, cancer care, joint replacement and inpatient rehabilitation. Blake also boasts many designations and certifications from some of the most well-known names in healthcare.
The Patient Care Navigator guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. Serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient’s physical condition and nursing needs; develops, implements and communicates patient's Plan of Care with patient. Sets goals, and takes appropriate nursing action to meet those goals. Ensures patient’s physical, emotional and rehabilitative needs are met. Encourages patient's involvement with their own care.
* Coordinates and monitors patient care/progression through the Care Continuum. Serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to ensure access to clinical and support care services. Facilitates the scheduling of all appointments and consults.
* Assists patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.
* Assist patients and families in establishing a support network and addressing physical, social, and emotional needs.
* Develops patient education programs and tools. Provides appropriate teaching, outreach, and education to patients and families.
* Collects data and tracks interventions and outcomes to support strategic planning processes.
* Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient recorded in a timely manner.
* Reviews all diagnostic imaging studies, lab values, and notifies primary physician as appropriate for abnormal findings.
* Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physician(s) and Department Director or appropriate agency.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related health care field
Minimum 1 year clinical specialty area experience required, 2 years Burn experience for the following Depts: Burn Clinic (794)
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required in the following Depts: Burn Clinic (794) New hire/transfer into higher skill level must obtain within 6 months. Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) and/or ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course) required in the following Depts: Burn Clinic (794) New hire/transfer into higher skill level must obtain within 6 months. Current TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) or ATCN (Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses) required in the following Depts: Burn Clinic (794) New hire/tranfer into higher skill level must obtain within 6 months. Current ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support) required in the following Depts: Burn Clinic (794) Current staff must obtain by June 1, 2016, New Hire/Transfer into higher skill level must obtain within one year.
Title: Patient Care Navigator - Registered Nurse RN
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: INT-00309-6326