HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry FT/Days in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- JOB DESCRIPTION*
- REGISTERED NURSE*
The Telemetry Unit RN performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Plans individualized and holistic patient care. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement.The Telemetry Unit RN demonstrates knowledge in accurately interpreting arrhythmia strips and performing 12-lead EKG. Collects and appropriately interprets subjective and or objective data i.e. V/S, EKG monitoring and lab values. Administer medication including non-titrating medication drips , IV therapy including Central lines, PICC lines and blood products accurately. Cares for Adults (18 – 79 years) and Elderly (80 years).
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitor vital signs.
- Serves as primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Instruct and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Accurately interprets arrhythmia strips
- Performs 12-lead EKG Accurately
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: * Current registration with the Kentucky State Board of Nursing and licensure as a RN * ACLS Certification required. New employees have up to 6 months from hire date to obtain ACLS. Employees transferring from a position that did not require ACLS have up to 6 months from date of transfer to obtain ACLS. New graduate employees have up to 12 months from date of hire or transfer to RNA/RN position to obtain ACLS. * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.New employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for healthcare provider. * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. * An extended orientation available for the applicant not meeting the job experience requirement * Basic Computer Skills**
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry FT/Days
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-52523