HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab FT/Days $10,000 Sign-on Bonus in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- GREENVIEW*REGIONALHOSPITAL **
- JOB DESCRIPTION*
* RN* * CATH LAB/IMAGING SERVICES*
*$10,000 sign-on bonus for RN’s that have 2yrs or greater, recent Cath Lab experience *
The Registered Nurse: Performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Provides scrub and thermodynamic monitoring assistance during diagnostic cath or interventional procedures. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months), Pediatrics (1 – 17 years), Adults (18 – 79 years), and Elderly (80 years).
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Correctly performs nursing procedures related to circulating, scrubbing, hemodynamic monitoring, stress lab testing, and radiology procedures.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving sedation/analgesia or anesthesia.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, and monitors vital signs.
- Coordinates the procedure room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Able to stand for long periods of time with a lead apron.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Interprets changes in patient status, reports and intervenes appropriately
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: * Current licensure as an RN. * Current registration with the Kentucky State Board of Nursing * New employees have up to 6 months from date of hire to obtain ACLS. Employees transferring from a position that did not require ACLS have up to 6 months from date of transfer to obtain ACLS. New RN graduates have up to 12 months from date of hire or transfer to RNA/RN position to obtain ACLS. * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. New hires have 90 days to receive the BLS Healthcare Provider certification. * Over one year of critical care experience preferred. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. * Extended orientation available for the applicant not meeting the job experience requirement .
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab FT/Days $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-53473