HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Food Services Assistant - Dietary (PT) in Bowling Green, Kentucky
_TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital – Bowling Green, KY_
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospitalis currently looking for aFood Services Assistant (Part-Time).
Evening Shift: 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Must be able to work every other weekend.
The Food Services (FNS) Assistant coordinates and ensures accuracy of patient diet orders as received by the department, the individual patient menus, the between meal snacks, and all Computrition information and reports. The FNS Assistant handles all special requests / orders from patients and physicians. The FNS Assistant is responsible for the smooth operation of the tray line. The FNS Assistant may assist the clinical dietitian and/or the director with clinical nutrition needs as well as quality assurance data gathering and reporting. The FNS Assistant will be familiar with the mission, vision, and value statements of this facility.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Maintains accurate diet orders/patient information in Computrition.
* Ensures that all meal tickets are correct when tray line starts.
* Ensures that patient menus and special requests are tallied for production.
* Communicates with cooks/cold foods personnel regarding production needs for the tray line.
* Checks each tray on patient line, ensuring that there are no mistakes in diet. Makes sure entire tray is presentable. Checks for spills and proper placement of items on tray.
* Follows safety and sanitization procedures as directed by department.
* Helps maintain tray line cleanliness and organization.
* Accommodates patient request and nutrition needs.
* Counts and marks all snack items for diabetics and special need patients. * Assembles snacks. * Stocks condiment items utilized on the trayline. * Provides basic nutrition education to inpatients and outpatients as appropriate/requested. * Develops new instruction materials according to recent research and ADA standards, as indicated * Completes calorie counts. Calculates calorie/protein intake and documents as appropriate. * Communicates ideas for improvement to management. * Assist with organizing, planning, and presenting clinical in-services to FNS employees, students, and other healthcare professionals, as requested. * Completes quality assurance reports as assigned. * Documents equipment temperatures as assigned. * Completes documentation and record keeping as assigned by the dietitian. * Files and documents information as indicated. * Assists in dish room.
* Assist patients with food preferences and enters into Computrition.
* Enters changes for nutritional supplements into Computrition.
* Prints and distributes all paperwork at appropriate times.
* Orients and mentors staff * Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- Must have computer skills, phone etiquette and personable bedside manner.
- Must have knowledge of nutrition and diet therapy.
- Must be able to read menus and determine diet appropriateness.
- Ability to perform work that requires prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking; frequently moves supplies and equipment requiring moderate physical effort to lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
Title: Food Services Assistant - Dietary (PT)
Location: Kentucky-Bowling Green-Greenview Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00037-53380