The Mosaic Company E/I Technician in Bowling Green, Florida
Are you our next EI Technician?
The EI Tech is responsible for independently troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, installing and performing preventative maintenance on plant or mine electrical, electronic, instrumentation and automation equipment including hi-med-low voltage polyphase systems, AC and DC systems, overhead powerlines, lighting, motors, receptacles, starters, variable frequency drives, DC drives, wound rotor resistance controls, AC and DC motor brush maintenance, power supply wiring (including conduit and cable tray), transformers, distributed control systems, programmable controllers, radio SCADA telemetry, wireless mesh broadband systems (802.11a/b/g/n: Rajant/Tropos or equivalent), electrical components, relays, switches, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic control valves and systems. The EI Tech must be able to safely operate voltage appropriate insulation resistance testers, voltmeters, ammeters, hydraulic crimping hand tools, and must be able to obtain and maintain a Florida Class A Commercial Drivers License for operating an Electrical Boom truck, Digger Derrick, and powered Cable Reel. This position follows provisions the National Electrical Code (NEC), the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E), International Society for Automation (ISA) and other standards, and has the ability to read loop sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, electrical blue prints, single lines, schematics, and manuals. This position performs and follows all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Pre Job Risk Analysis, Lock-out Tag-Out (LOTO), Hot Work, Hazardous Work, Confined Space, Water Safety, Line Breaking, Safe Work, Daily PM Inspection, Work Order Feedback, General Equipment/Line Isolation Permits, procedures, forms, and reports.
What will you do?
- Communicates daily with area supervisor for work priorities and assignments
- Communicates any findings with management
- Utilizes and inputs work order and reporting data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as required.
- Performs advanced maintenance on equipment that monitors flow, temperature, density, level, and pressure of process equipment
- Performs maintenance on equipment that checks pH, conductivity, or other analytical product parameters by collecting and checking samples. (instrumentation)
- Maintains and repairs motors, starters, drives, low-medium-hi voltage polyphase systems and instrumentation throughout the entire plant and mine
- Replaces, repairs, troubleshoots, calibrates, or cleans electrical, instrumentation, and advanced automation systems
- Troubleshoots, visually or with varied testing equipment, all EIA systems throughout the entire plant and mine
- Changes hardware and configures software in system to maintain interface between automation and operations as needed
- Responsible for regular work orders as well as emergencies throughout the plant or mine
- Responsible for housekeeping and safe work in all areas. (Electrical and Automation)
- Maintains mine trail cables, powered reels, and cable junction boxes
- Installs, maintains and repairs overhead power lines up to and including 69kV, including poles, guy wires, cross-arms, insulators, surge arresters, gang operated air break switches, potential and current transformers, turnbuckles, stinger connectors, and hydraulically crimped connectors
- Operates appropriate testing equipment including hot stick voltage detectors, bonding clamps, hi potential testers, insulation resistance detectors, LCR, and multimeters
- Operates light and heavy mobile equipment including boom trucks and pole digger derricks
- Troubleshoots and repairs dragline analog voltage controls and dc loops. (Line crew)
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need for this role?
- High school diploma or GED required with 5+ years of Electrical Maintenance
- Associate’s Degree in a related field with 3+ years of Electrical and Instrumentation experience preferred
- 1 year experience in Allen-Bradly Control Logix Program preferred
- 3 years’ experience assembling Electrical and Mechanical Components in Industrial and Port Facility preferred
- 1 year experience in AutoCAD preferred
- 1 year experience in Distributed Control System (DCS) preferred
- 3 years Electrical Wiring experience preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a Heavy Manufacturing Plant Maintenance or Operations Environment preferred
- 1 year experience in Maximo preferred
- 1 year experience in Process Control Systems preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
- Able to hear, with or without correction
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
- Able to see, with or without correction
- Able to travel unassisted
- Able to use fine hand motor skills
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.