Philips Senior System Design Engineer in Bothell, Washington
We are looking for a Senior System Design Engineer to play a leadership role in creating our next generation ultrasound products.
• Provide modeling and analysis for development and integration of new ultrasound transducers
• Lead transducer and system beamforming activities during product design and development
• Lead ultrasound beamforming innovations and support relevant feasibility and research projects across organization
• Provide transducer antenna design and modeling for trade study. Represent acoustics and beamforming during early transducer design process.
• Support transducer verification test specifications for product verification and validation
• Support sustaining and released product customer issues within the acoustics and beamforming area
• Mentor other engineers within the R&D organization, particularly in acoustics and beamforming
• Work with Clinical and Product Marketing in our Business Segments, Procurement, Q&R, and Supply Chain as appropriate to ensure that proposed and implemented designs meet customer and system performance requirements with quality
• Manage technology development and roadmaps as applicable to Ultrasound System or Transducer development
The Senior System Design Engineer will be working in our Ultrasound group within Philips Healthcare, located at our Bothell, WA facility. As part of Philips ultrasound, you will have the opportunity to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and be part of a high functioning team. You will be making a positive difference each and every day by developing ultrasound products that are helping to save lives all around the world.
We are looking for:
MS or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Computer Science.
15+ years’ experience in ultrasound research and/or product development - Ultrasound beamforming, antenna design and modeling, trade study for transducer design, optimal acquisition design, signal and image processing, and clinical imaging.
Ultrasound research experience including scientific publications.
C, C++, and Matlab programming languages.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.