Amtrak OBS Trainee-Lead Service Attendant* - 90206832 - Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Service Attendant (LSA) is primarily responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere of hospitability for Amtrak passengers that result in exceeding customer expectations.
• Works in a fast-paced environment on board trains.
• Coordinates work and supervises a team of food and wait staff responsible for the provision of food and beverage service to Amtrak passengers.
• Maintains cleanliness of rail car interior ensuring compliance with FDA and Amtrak Service Standards requirements.
• Functions independently while simultaneously supporting the service staff.
• Utilizes superior interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and effectively with passengers and crew to insure employee and customer satisfaction in both ideal and off schedule conditions.
• Responsible for safe practices and meeting sanitation standards during all segments of service from loading, stocking, preparing, serving, clean-up, and end of trip close outs.
• Responsible for the security, sale, safe handling and accounting of food and beverage products.
• Strictly complies with cash and credit transaction handling procedures and protects Amtrak funds.
• Adheres to uniform and grooming requirements.
• Prepares associated paperwork.
• Utilizes a cash register or similar point of sale device and follows established accounting procedures without deviation.
• Must have some experience in a customer service or similar public contact role exhibiting responsibility, initiative, physical coordination, problem solving, creativity, and leadership characteristics.
• Work experience must demonstrate strong, clear and effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills, professionalism, and a customer-friendly demeanor.
• Must have satisfactory attendance and safe work record.
• Applicants for the position of LSA must: Successfully complete background-screening checks related to previous employment, credit history, and criminal background checks.
• Successfully complete a customer service aptitude & integrity test instrument.
• Successfully complete drug screening and pre-employment medical exam.
• Must be 21 years of age. Be able to lift 50lbs.
• Be able to work while standing for long periods of time.
• Be able to work a variety of hours and days off, including up to six to eight days away from home crew base.
• Demonstrate a friendly, outgoing, and courteous disposition.
• Must have prior satisfactory work performance.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Prior experience working in a team service environment.
• Some experience in a food/beverage environment, cash Restaurant and/or Travel, Hospitality industries.
• Some college or vocational training.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Requisition ID: 24781
Posting Location(s): Massachusetts
Personnel Area: MA05
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: Up to 100%
Employment Experience Requirements: Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || On Board and Station Services