Mercy Health RN Case Manager Wound Care Mercy St. Elizabeth Boardman/Youngstown in Boardman, Ohio
RN Case Manager Wound Care Mercy St. Elizabeth Boardman/Youngstown
Job ID: 4640567
Updated: October 19, 2016
Geographic Location: Youngstown
Location: Boardman, OH, United States
Department: Wound Care
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32
The case manager coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources; and leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, resource, and quality outcomes.
1. Models supportive behaviors.
2. Supports collaboration, Performance Improvement processes, inter-disciplinary work teams, and partnership relationships with customers.
3. Demonstrates self-governance.
4. Responsible for own professional/personal growth and development.
5. Communicates effectively with all departments & employees of the organization and other customers.
6. Promotes stewardship of resources while maintaining or improvement quality of care.
7. Exhibits ownership for the success of the organization.
8. Effectively engages in two-way dialogue and problem solving.
9. Works independently to meet operational objectives.
10. Receives, investigates and appropriately reports and responds to problems/incidents that involve safety and compliance issues.
11. Holds self, employees and co-workers accountable for keeping patient safety the first priority in performing the essential duties of their jobs.
Qualifications - Minimum
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN/BS required). Current R.N. license in Ohio. CPR certified. Case Management Certification desirable.
Experience in Performance Improvement, Utilization Management, Case Management and/or Discharge Planning strongly preferred. 5 years acute care experience with a variety of patient populations; demonstrated leadership in nursing or hospital performances improvement initiatives. Demonstrated leadership experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities.
Understands and integrates clinical information from multiple disciplines. Computer skills including Windows and Windows-based applications. Typing required. Knowledge of DRG assignment desirable.
Hours per pay period: 64
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Float position between SE and SEB.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Schedule: Part-Time
This position will float between Youngstown and Boardman.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.