Aon Corporation Senior Test Manager (Bloomington, MN) in Bloomington, Minnesota
Job Description Aon Is Looking For A Senior Test Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Risk Solutions Technology business group within Aon Benfield, in Bloomington, MN. As a Senior Test Manager, you will report directly to the Global Risk Solutions Senior Director and have 3 direct reports (30 indirect).
Your Impact As*A* Senior Test Manager
- Manage a global IT QA team across 3 regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC).
- Build, mentor, and guide a “best in class” team, both functionally and technically, to deliver superior products to the business.
- Act as primary point of contact in the QA function for large projects and operational change requests requiring QA engagement.
- Collaborate with the rest of IT on the development of best practices within Global Risk Solutions, towards greater continuous integration and delivery.
- Define, execute, and maintain a QA strategy for Global Risk Solutions, encompassing the methodology, tools and standards to succeed in manual and test automation.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of test strategies and test cases, including test data.
- Partner with the development and deployment teams to ensure stable test environments.
- Oversee all test execution of the testing team, based on functional and non-functional user stories or requirements.
- Partner with senior leadership for continuous process improvement, through data-driven analysis, to increase the quality of the products delivered to the testing team and production.
- Manage the QA testing of the annual Disaster Recovery Test Exercise.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in IT quality assurance with a wide exposure to formal testing methodologies and processes.
- 4+ years in a senior leadership role and communicating to leadership.
- 5+ years managing teams with the ability to lead and coach to drive success.
- Experience defining acceptance criteria, executing test cycles, and delivering quality software.
- Ability to effectively communicate risk and escalate concerns.
- Executing Disaster Recovery exercises - including executing test cases.
- Experience in developing QA metrics, coordinating test cycles and tracking quality.
- Ability to find, escalate, and fix issues prior to production.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Leading Automated Testing.
- Insurance or Financial Applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Technology-related field; or equivalent work experience. We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience: From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
About Aon: Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2422775
Category: Information Technology Group
Location: United States, MN, Bloomington