USM, An EMCOR Company Service Order Manager in Biloxi, Mississippi
*About Us: *EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Service Order Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Service Order Manager in Biloxi, MS. The Service Order Manager will be responsible for the performance, coordination and servicing of all contract maintenance work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, researching, and coordinating the requirement and project activities to ensure service order and task order objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties
- Review service order quotes or plans in order to determine the project time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Establish work plans and staffing requirement(s) for each phase of the project and arrange for recruitment and / or assignment of subcontract project personnel where applicable.
- Confer with sub contract project staff to outline work plans and assigned duties, responsibilities, and scope(s) of authority
- Lead preconstruction and project coordination meetings with end users and FM staff, various mid to high level government staff and contractors
- Develop market research for invitation(s) to bid (ITB) and then recommend to the COR and award contract(s) to the optimum bidder(s)
- Develop Independent Contractor Estimates (ICE) for the CORS comparative analysis of contractors’ proposals
- Conduct price negotiations with contractors prior to award
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Develop and maintain monthly requirements and project status reports for briefing to the FM Staff and higher level government management
- Modify project schedules, plans, and assigned personnel as required
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve any issues throughout the project duration
- Coordinate with applicable staff to ensure proper/required permitting and documentation is provided for approval prior to execution of work
- Provide technical guidance to assist Facilities Management and upper level staff for construction and facilities management related activities
- The Service Order Manager (SOM) shall be technically qualified in the field of Healthcare Facilities Management and Construction.
- Minimum five years of experience in healthcare construction, renovation, and maintenance and repair project management in a hospital environment, including the supervision of a diversified work force.
- Must be familiar with the various codes and standards applicable to O&M; tasks, including NFPA, EPA, and OSHA codes and standards as well as TJC for clinics accreditation.
- Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of medical facility repair, construction, and facilities management to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, communications, security systems, and landscaping.
- Should have federal government design and construction management policy and procedure experience, to include Air Force medical treatment facility design standards, bid preparation, bid solicitation, and bid evaluation and selection, award, inspection, acceptance and project close-out.
- An American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) certification is desirable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Service Order Manager
Date Posted: 10/13/2016
Location: Biloxi, MS
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1776484397