InGenesis Respiratory Therapist - PRN in Bethesda, Maryland
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking to fill Respiratory Therapist- PRN positions to support our client site located in Bethesda, MD. PRN staff fill day or night shifts as needed. All candidates must complete security clearance and credentialing requirements prior to starting.
• Education: Graduation from a Respiratory Therapist course accredited through the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). • Certification and Licensure: Board Certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist • Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). • Current CPR/BLS ertification that must be from the American Heart Association (AHA). • Experience: At least continuous one year experience within the last three years as a CRT.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers. • Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members. • Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing. • Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract RN shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65). • Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable. • The contracted Respiratory Therapist will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. • Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records. • Be a U.S citizen.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
The contracted Respiratory Therapist will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
• Set up and monitor a variety of complex respiratory equipment. • Assess the cardiopulmonary condition of assigned patients using data acquired through physical examination and respiratory monitoring and diagnostic equipment. • Draw arterial, venous and mixed venous blood samples. Perform airway and tube care on intensive care patients. On the basis of patient assessment and analysis of blood gas data, independently make adjustment to ventilator settings. Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered. • Monitor and interpret values such as pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary edge pressure, mixed venous oxygen content, and cardiac output for the purpose of reporting patient status and making a recommendation to physicians regarding treatment. • During emergency situations be part of the "crash" team. Will be able to independently insert artificial airway into patient’s trachea to provide controlled breathing. • Provide in service training to other respiratory therapists and nursing personnel • Calibrate complex respiratory equipment. Identify and correct mechanical malfunction of equipment used in the respiratory therapy service. • Oversee and direct Respiratory Aid and Technician as required maintaining continuum of care to patient. • Maintain accurate clinical records and receiving request for consultations and laboratory work of specific patients. The CRT shall complete medical charting within 72 hours of patient visit IAW with JC guidelines.
OTHER TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM:
• Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries. • Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with unit guidelines. • When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings. Provide relevant and timely information, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. • Will report to the Director of Pulmonary Medicine. e. Also may serve as preceptor for general dentistry residency programs. • As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
• Competitive Salary • Paid Time Off • Paid Federal Holidays • Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans • 401K Retirement Plan • Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.