tiag Java Developer in Bethesda, Maryland
tiag is currently hiring a Java Developer to join our team in Bethesda, MD. This position requires a government security clearance, so US Citizenship is a requirement.
This Developer will participate in the on-going management and maintenance of their Kuali Student system (http://kuali.org). This individual will participate in all phases of a project, including but not limited to requirements gathering, business process review, application design and integration, development, testing, documentation, training and implementation of new applications. This individual will maintain and support both in-house and vendor developed applications, while providing excellent customer service, training and mentoring of other team members.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- US Citizen
- +4 years recent experience in java-centric software development
- +1 years Spring experience
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Experience with code versioning, branching and release methodologies
- Understanding of secure design and coding practices
- Motivated, energetic self-starter comfortable in a team-oriented environment
- Interest and aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Attention to detail and firm commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to independently organize and manage time effectively to meet goals of software delivery; Manage multiple tasks; ability to independently meet deadlines and maintain high level of productivity
- Knowledge and experience of open source projects, technologies, and tools
- Experience building loosely-coupled, service oriented distributed systems
- Languages/Platforms/Frameworks: Java/JEE, Struts, MVC, JSP, Servlets, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, JUnit, log4j, JIRA
- Cross-cutting standards: XML/XSL/XSD,X/HTML, web services (SOAP/WDSL,REST)
- Middleware: Apache web server, Tomcat, Jetty, JETL
- Database solutions: Oracle (preferred), SQL Server, Derby
- Testing: experience with continuous integration and writing unit tests
- Object-oriented analysis and design: UML, Model Driven Architecture, Design Patterns
- Operating Systems: Unix /Linux, Windows
- IDEs and Development Tools: Eclipse (and a host of plug-ins), Subversion, Ant, Maven, Git/GitHub.
Department: tiag, Inc.
Location: Bethesda, MD