Philips Configuration Management Expert in Best, Netherlands
Are you a Software Configuration Management Expert who is able to manage the system software configuration throughout the whole lifecycle? And do you like to be a key person in defining and creating the Software Development Infrastructure (SDI) with technical challenges? Are you pro-active and someone who can drive change? Then we are looking for you!
As the Software Configuration Management Expert , your responsibilities include:
• Take ownership for Software Configuration Management activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, managing archives in a version control system and take care of software releasing
• Translate the software architecture concepts into a configuration management implementation in cooperation with project architects, test- and integration managers and the Competence Group Technical Applications (CG-TA) both in the Netherlands and in India.
• Participate as the Software Configuration Management Expert in the development projects and maintenance activities to plan and execute Software Configuration Management activities and provide the best Software Development Infrastructure.
• Define and implement SDI improvements that enables the effective software development processes and high quality of software deliverables taking into account maintenance responsibility for past released products
• Tool validation of the chosen Software Configuration Management tools
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization consists of 450 people, which 110 people work in software development. Software is developed by teams, each focusing on a specific part of the system. The SDI team (8 members) supports the entire software development community with the Software Development Infrastructure that includes Software Sets, Version Control, Status accounting, Tool validation, Build and Test management frameworks and Software Releasing.
We are looking for
• Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience in Software development with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software configuration management and/or experience in product development.
• A set of strong technical skills in configuration management (configuration items identification, version control, build management, release management, change management)
• Experience with Configuration Management Tools.. Experience in Rational Team Concert (RTC) and ClearCase (CC) is an advantage.
• Experience with build and tests automation tools (ElectricCommander and/or Jenkins)
• Strong affinity with software development (in C# and C++) and scripting languages (Perl) in an environment using methodologies such as agile, scrum and V-model
• Experience in working in a Healthcare Product development environment is an advantage
• Someone who shows initiative and has a problem solving attitude and excellent communication skills.