Outerwall Dir Business Development (New Products) in Bellevue, Washington
Director Business Development (New Products)
The Director of Business Development would focus on developing new growth channels for the Coinstar business. Largely B2B plays, these new channels of business are expected to deliver incremental top- and bottom-line growth. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated self-starter that gets a charge out of tackling new challenges, can manage multiple competing priorities, is able to lead at all levels of the organization, and brings to the table a strong track record in the following areas: product management, business strategy, financial modeling, relationship management, and sales/negotiation. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Management & Consumer Experience.
- Identify, evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, partnerships, and alliances in collaboration with Product Management peers
- Build a long-term, sustainable partner development strategy and plan that meets our desire to grow and expand into new channels
- Develop financial models and forecast demand for strategic initiatives and new business
- Perform industry and competitive analysis to inform go-to-market strategy and to highlight underlying category trends and competitive dynamics
- Develop and nurture new and existing partner relationships and lead in all aspects of deal development - prospecting, scoping, negotiating and closing
- Partner directly with the Director, Product Management to define business and customer requirements for the kiosk
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ product management or business development experience preferred
- 5+ years’ in a product marketing or business development function
- E-commerce or B2B experience required
- Sales experience preferred
- Technical acumen involving API knowledge required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Very strong interpersonal skills in all environments
- Ability to operate independently and to define objectives and structure with minimal supervision
- Ability to sell Coinstar and Outerwall's value proposition to potential partners
- Show a high degree of motivation and work well in a matrixed environment
- Superior communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Redbox®, Coinstar®, ecoATM™ and Gazelle® are always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. As part of Outerwall’s growing portfolio of products and services, they’re redefining retail—making everyday life a little simpler and better. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
Grow your career at Outerwall with an exciting brand like Coinstar, Redbox, ecoATM or Gazelle. At Outerwall, we believe that diversity and inclusion create organizational strength. If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information please see EEO is the Law .
Posting Notes: || United States || Washington || Bellevue || || None