APG Federal Credit Union Mortgage Quality Assurance Specialist in Bel Air, Maryland
Under the direction of the Vice President of Mortgage Lending and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Mortgage Quality Assurance Specialist audits mortgage loan files throughout the entire loan cycle to ensure information accuracy, receipt of required documentation, regulatory compliance and adherence to investor and credit union guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate the integrity of the loan data entered in the Loan Origination System (LOS) and analyze the loan documentation for adherence to guidelines, policies and procedures
- Audit 3-day disclosures for adherence to RESPA/TILA requirements
- Conduct pre-funding audits of First Mortgage & Home Equity loan files
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports evidencing the results of internal pre-funding audits and external post-close audits to VP of Mortgage Lending
- Manage the relationship and audit the work of the post-closing QC vendor in accordance with agency/investor guidelines, ensuring the timely upload of files to be reviewed and the accuracy of vendor’s defect findings
- Assist Management in preparing formal responses to agency/investor/auditor findings resulting from quality control reviews
- Assist Management in preparing and submitting loan packages in response to agency/investor post-close audit requests
- Respond to team learning needs by providing ongoing coaching and training
- Complete quarterly and annual HMDA reports for review by the Compliance Team
- Assist management with updating QA/QC policy and procedures as necessary
Education:Associates degree or higher strongly preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years in either a Mortgage Quality Assurance/Control or Underwriting role. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the mortgage industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Familiar with mortgage loan origination and supporting documents and mortgage loan processes; Strong working knowledge of income verification methods and loan document validation; Familiarity with mortgage regulatory statutes and industry guidelines, including, but not limited to: ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, TILA (TRID), FCRA, UDAAP, and AIR; Comfortable with coaching and offering constructive feedback to fellow team members; Ability to manage time and work independently to complete tasks; Able to identify key risks and control points that require testing; Able to prioritize, multi-task and maintain focus on the core objectives; Possess a positive attitude with a desire to exceed expectations; Thrive in a fast-paced environment; Possess strong organization and time-management skills and be able to consistently meet deadlines; Adept at working closely with others in a team environment and establishing positive working relationships with team members and industry partners; Strong verbal and technical writing skills; Proficient working with Microsoft Excel; Able to work overtime as needed
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and be capable of transporting related supplies and equipment. Specific vision abilities by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
*APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law poster *http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: October 18, 2016