Lockheed Martin Sys Integratn/Test Eng Sr / Aegis Combat Systems / Bath, ME in Bath, Maine
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will support Aegis Combat System New Construction Integration Testing for Aegis DDG class ships in Bath, ME as part of the Aegis Test Team (ATT) stationed at Bath, ME.
Overall responsibility for ensuring the AEGIS Computing Infrastructure (ACI) is operational and available. Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for Aegis Computer Infrastructure equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements.
• Responsible for proper activation and operation of the Tactical computing environment including OE, network, equipment configuration and computer program operation and interface with other elements.
• Ensure that Aegis Computing Infrastructure is available to support all scheduled testing.
• Perform ACI associated test procedures and document completion, along with discrepancies, for future revision.
• Serve as the System Administrator for the Aegis Weapon System during Test Program. Implement shipboard passwords and password policy. • Identify and resolve Aegis Computing Infrastructure equipment, operating environment and computer program issues.
• Support physical layer testing and troubleshooting, including but not limited to fiber optic testing and troubleshooting.
• Provide engineering support for the interfaces and capabilities and limitations. • Assist with computer program and/or equipment changes as necessary to support ship test and integration program.
• Participate/perform data collection and analysis for summary report.
• Provide ships force with equipment, operations and maintenance familiarization throughout the test program.
When not supporting the ATT test program, the successful candidate will be expected to support business travel to all locations domestic and international that AEGIS ships might operate to provide Network Engineer subject matter expertise while troubleshooting and repairing equipment casualties and training Sailors/Technicians. Travel locations outside Bath, ME include, but are not limited to: Yokosuka, Japan; Chinhae, South Korea; Rota, Spain; Pearl Harbor, HI; Everett, WA; Mayport, FL; San Diego, CA; Norfolk, VA; and Pascagoula, MS.
Basic Qualifications • Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Operational and configuration knowledge of Cisco-based Enterprise-level network hardware and software.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in an interrupt-driven, multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Desired skills • Specific knowledge of baseline 7/8/9 Aegis Weapon System Computing Infrastructure (ACI) architecture is desired.
• Specific knowledge of IBM Blade Center computing platforms.
• Specific knowledge of Cisco Catalyst-series 3750 and 6509 switch platforms
• CCNA Certification
• Experience with large scale Ship Integration and Test practices.
• Experience interfacing with US Navy personnel and familiarity with US Navy command structure.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Bath Maine