Philips Sr Software Engineer- Radar Development in Bangalore, India
• Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the design, realization (of schematics, drawings and codes), integration and test of a (sub)system, component or module on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications; understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
• Substantial share in drawing up the functional specifications and the architecture of the subsystems. Takes initiative to work out design issues.
• Is responsible for input in the planning process of the software subsystems.
• Organizes reviews and solves PRs and CRs (Problem Reports and Change Requests).
• Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts, in order to maintain the expertise in the specified area.
• Gives support and consultancy to business acquisition (sales support) and/or System Architects concerning his/her expertise.
• Formulates assignments in dialogue with customer or user.
• Analyses the problem posed in the assignment. Studies literature; develops ideas.
• Assesses which aspects require further research and works out the form this should take (aim: to get to understand the essence of this, gather knowledge, and obtain an insight into the problems in order to be able, on that basis, to work on solutions and innovations).
• Determines the research method and resources.
• The emphasis in the job is on mastery of the professional field and shifting its frontiers.
• Writes reports/articles.
• Communicates the results of his/her research.
• Conducts preliminary studies, selects literature on basis of general familiarity with the professional field. Keeps abreast of developments within the field.
• Researches application of new technologies/materials/ raw materials.
• Designs partly and sometimes wholly new product, process or technology.
• Consults with Manager/Sr. Manager/interested parties on changes to specifications.
• Bears responsibility for the execution of the program.
• Skill in the field of project leadership and coaching role for the technicians assigned to him/her.
• Active in projects of 0.2-1.0 Million Euro, duration 6-12 months.
Education/Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering with 3 years of relevant experience after graduating
• Experience on Windows environment- Advantage
• Experience in Web and HTML5 programming- Advantage
• Good English skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment (local and global teams)
• Experience in international organization/ medical devices background – Advantage