Philips SIG-Markets|Pool|ProgramMgr in Bangalore, India
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the programs in the SIG markets Blr group owning key projects, delivering on time and quality.
• Recruit, mentor and lead a newly forming SW development and testing group within the SIG markets R&D org.
• Develop and Maintain a world class software organization:
o Promote SW development and testing professionalism
o Develop & Maintain agile, robust, harmonized, scalable and effective processes. Adhere to regulatory requirements - be audit ready anytime / anyplace
o Assimilate best practices. Increase productivity, avoid redundancy throughout continues improvement.
o Balance short term needs and long term goals
o Promote domain knowledge, system thinking, and customer understanding
• People & org development
o Drive and maintain a scalable and effective organization structure. Empower scrum teams as the main org building block
o Responsible for people recruiting and coaching, people development, and ongoing performance management
o Promote an excellence and recognition culture. Build team spirit, commitment and motivation
o Establish and maintain communication channels
o Promote trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Software, advanced degree – advantage
• Minimum of 12 years SW development experience including of complex systems, from which at least 3 years managing multiple SW teams / leaders (around 25-40 FTEs) having development and testing responsibilities.
• Work experience across multisite global teams – an advantage
• At least 3 years of managing in an agile / scrum based SW development organization.
• Experience in the medical devices / SW domain is a major advantage, further specific experience in medical informatics systems is a distinct advantage.
• At least 3 years of Java development experience. Web and / or Cloud development knowledge is an advantage
• Experience in owning commercial released SW – an advantage
• Keen ability to prioritize and drive key success factors
• Ability to plan and execute SW projects of scale.
• Proven influencing skills (drive, leadership)
• Proficient in servant leadership skills and team empowerment
• Proven working experience in global, multidiscipline environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with English fluency