Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Scientific Systems & Software International - Information Technology Solutions is a leading provider of advanced solutions that deliver timely, enabling technology and information to where it is needed most for our civilian, military, intelligence, state and local, and commercial customers.
Committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce SSSi – IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for some positions.
* Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The Senior Database Management Specialist assists in preparing setup and system operations requirements for databases and associated server software, and implementing databases, monitoring software, security software, MDM systems, Batch programs, and data transfers to support RTTT/MLDS projects in DAADS. This role will also manage a variety of Oracle databases and data repositories. Must be capable of providing highly technical expertise and support in the use of DOITS. Must be able to evaluate and recommend available DOITS products to support validated user requirements. Defines file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications. Develops, implements, and maintains database back-up and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DOITS applications.
* Must have six (6) years of experience in DOITS systems analysis and programming
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience in business IT environments with emphasis on PC hardware and applications. General experience includes information systems development, work in the client/server field, or related fields
* At least three (3) years of experience in using current DOITS technologies, application design utilizing various database management systems and experience with DOITS internals
* Communication Skills: Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to install/upgrade/migrate Oracle 11g database software and applications including weblogic server, OBIEE, Oracle Spatial, IDM, OAAM, Webcenter Port, Web Content Portal, Grid Control 12c
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to read ERD and dimensional models and translate into table structures, keys, indexes
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to read and write SQL and PL/SQL code
* Ability to use Enterprise Manager to monitor system performance
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to write batch programs and use the alerts and scheduler features of Enterprise Manager to create automatic monitoring and management processes
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to open, close, copy, import and export databases
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to identify and tune both OS and Oracle SAG
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to backup and recover the database using RMAN and Goldengate
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to setup and perform snapshots and replication
* Four (4) or more years of experience with ability to setup and manage RAC
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with manage and monitor LOGS
* A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with three (5) years of equivalent experience in a related field
* A Master’s Degree in one of the above disciplines is preferred
Senior Database Management Specialist