HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Operating Room in Austin, Texas
Surgical Services consists of 19 suites. This team-oriented unit consists of Surgical Scheduling and Pre-surgical Testing, Surgical Outpatient (preoperative and postoperative), Post Anesthetic Recovery Units, Day Surgery and Endoscopy. All types of surgical procedures, including Open Hearts, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric, Robotic, and Minimally Invasive procedures are performed. The unit performs approximately 850 cases per month.
24 hour, seven day a week department.
Position Description: Under the indirect supervision of the Supervisor(s) of the unit, the Registered Nurse is expected to implement the nursing process (including use of nursing diagnosis), document nursing activities and intervention plan, as well as medication administered. The RN provides leadership and supervises the care, maintenance and activities of the surgical suite.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. One year of experience in operating room environment (unless in an internship program for the operating room.) Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
- Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HCA's and St. David's "Patient First" safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures. · Works autonomously, sets priorities and makes decisions of a complex nature · Accepts shift work and takes call as needed by the department. · Works with patients ranging in life span from infants to geriatric.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS: Required : Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider Preferred : CNOR
Title: RN Operating Room
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-48510