HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse SDMC Surgery Center-Evenings in Austin, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the indirect supervision of the supervisor and according to unit and hospital policies and procedures, the staff nurse is responsible for the admission and preoperative assessment and preparation of patients admitted on the day of the scheduled surgery procedure. The staff nurse is also responsible for post-operative care and discharge of outpatients. The nurse plans, implements, evaluates, and documents nursing care for assigned patients. Assists with any other activities of the unit.
/Four 10hr shifts/week 11am-9:30pm. No weekends, no major holidays/
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Nurse Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Provides work leadership to other registered nurses, unit secretary and patient care assistants.
CAREER PATH OPPORTUNITIES: Supervisor, Nurse Manager
** POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program.
· Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree
· One year experience as a staff RN on a medical-surgical unit or post anesthesia care unit, and/or surgery experience, and/or same day surgery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
- Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HCA’s and St. David’s “Patient First” safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.//
- Works autonomously sets priorities and make independent decisions of a complex nature.
Accepts shift work and takes call as needed.
· Works with patients whose age categories may include infant, toddler, preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Participates in patient/family teaching.
· Recognizes that variables such as age, race, nationality, culture, disease-causing vulnerabilities, socioeconomic factors affect the patient populations under their care as defined in the unit’s provision of care statements. Uses interventions appropriate to these factors (e.g., interpreter, dietary preferences, social service consult, etc.)
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS :
Licensed by theTexasStateBoard of Nurse Examiners.
· Currently certified as BLS healthcare provider
Certification in CAPA and CPAN
Title: Registered Nurse SDMC Surgery Center-Evenings
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-48094