HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Building Maintenance Technician - Nights in Austin, Texas
Position Summary: Responsible for performing building and equipment repairs and maintenance.
– Performs routine building and equipment repairs.
– Participates in the fire brigade responding to fire alarms and during fire drills.
– Be aware of potential hazards (i.e. fire) and reporting them for
– Performs routine duties such as oiling fan motors, changing light bulbs,
repairing beds and wheelchairs, changing air filters, etc. to ensure the
smooth operation of all equipment.
– Assist with meeting set – ups when necessary.
– Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
– Participates in peer review.
– Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
– Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
– Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation
– Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
– Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization
– Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
– Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary,
housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
– Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
– Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
· Education: High School graduate of G.E.D. preferred.
· Experience: Two years prior maintenance work.
· Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area. Able to operate all appropriate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility’s computer system.
· Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
· Essential Physical Requirements: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of 50 lbs. to 100 lbs. Corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
· Essential Mental Abilities: Requires good communication and organizational skills. Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Requires working with frequent interruptions.
· Essential Sensory Requirements: Requires corrected hearing and vision within a normal range and ability to distinguish color.
· Exposure to Hazards: Requires possible exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and hazardous materials. Possible risk of physical injury due to moving machinery and supplies.
· Other: Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and procedures.
Title: Building Maintenance Technician - Nights
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-48303